Kim Chaehyun | Short Meeting

Damn it. It had to be today out of all days huh?

There he was, standing under the gazebo after getting himself almost drained in the middle of the rain shower. Han Y/N. Today was the only day that he decided to go out and have a walk, having been busy for the last few days, only to be drenched by the sudden rain.

Frustrated, he punched the pillar on his side before realizing that there was another person running towards the gazebo.

"Why did it have to be today, honestly?" She muttered.

He could already guess who it was, even just by that single sentence. It was his classmate, Kim Chaehyun. The girl whom he could only admire from afar, never having the courage to come up and talk to. She looked to the side and noticed him staring at her, before she pointed her finger at him.

"Oh, you're from my class, aren't you?"

He felt surprised that she found him familiar.

"I-I am. My name's-"

"Wait! Wait, don't tell me. I know you. It's..."

Deep down, he was hoping that she'd get his name right. Who wouldn't want such a person to actually remember your name, when you have never even held a proper conversation with the other?

"Kim Y/N!"

Wrong. It was Han.

"Actually, it's Han Y/N. But you got my given name right, so thank you."

"Oh. I'm sorry about that, Y/N-ya. Wait, do you know my name?"

"Of course, it's Kim Chaehyun." He said proudly.

"Correct! But how come you remember mine?"

"Who wouldn't?" She fell silent, not giving an immediate answer before asking him with another.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked. Only then he realized that his answer could be mistaken as an indirect compliment, making him flustered.

"I... just... knew? Kind of?" She chuckled at how nervous he seemed, and decided to just nod it off.

"I see. What were you doing out here, Y/N?"

"I was taking a jog, before I was stopped by this rain."

"Really? Me too! Except I had to run back to my house."

"Did something bad happen?"

"No. It's just my mom being worried that I'm out late."

"That's a caring mom you have there." He told her.

The rain was starting to lessen its pour, slowly as the two of them continued to have their small talk under the gazebo, until she realized that the rain was light enough for her to leave.

"Oh. The rain's almost stopped. I need to head home, Y/N. Thank you for accompanying me. It was nice seeing you here." She waved to him cheerfully, before going out of the gazebo and running towards the other way.

He felt empty as he saw her leaving him in the gazebo, as he did not want the moment to end. He wanted it to continue.

"Chaehyun-ah!" She stopped, after hearing him scream her name, in the middle of the night.

"Yes?!"

"See you tomorrow at school?"

She smiled, before giving an answer.

"See you tomorrow!"