Baek Jiheon | Snow

Listen to Really like you - IZ*ONE

__________

You put both of your hands onto your mouth as you breathe out hot air from it trying to get at least a bit of warmth on your hand despite the fact that you were wearing gloves

Drops of snow went down onto your beanie as you felt it slowly getting heavier and heavier. You rubbed both of your hands onto each other trying to look for that friction almost to the point it was letting out sparkles of fire.

"Oppa. Are you really that cold?" She asked you as she let out a chuckle.

"Fooh. You know full well that i can't stand the cold very well, Jiheon-ah."

You flashbacked to the time you two had first met. The unpleasant meeting. The meet you used to wish that it never happened, yet it blossomed beautifully to the friendship you both are having now.

"By the way, do you remember our first meeting? You were so~ cold."

__________

One hot choco, please.

You said to the guy manning the truck as he gave you the nod turning his back on you. You chose the worst day to be out in despite knowing the fact that the day was gonna be one of the if not the coldest day that season. Well, the reason for that is that today was the day where your mom is gonna introduce you to someone new who's gonna be your neighbor.

"She's the same age as you! Well, you're older than her by a year, but you two are in the same class! I'm sure you two will click." Her voice lingers in your mind as you took the hot cup of chocolate and looked for a bench to sit on. Not far from there you saw a girl sitting by herself whose age seems to be not that far from you.

"Hello." You said to her as she gave you the cold stare before going back to playing with her phone.

Rude. You thought to yourself. You then took a sip of the coffee only to be surprised at how it was already lukewarm.

Fwah.

You glanced at her direction when her eyes turned at you meeting with yours. The sudden meet of the eye made you flustered as you quickly looked away not wanting for her to get creeped out. But it was too little too late.

"Are you staring at me? Gross."

Ouch.

"Excuse me, i was just giving you a quick glance. I was gonna look away when you suddenly turn your eyes at me."

"Go ahead and keep telling lies. Do it one more time and i'll call the police."

"Whatever. I'll just leave." You said as you just shrugged her off and minded your business elsewhere.

What's her problem? You thought.

You then finished the choco you were having and went home after taking one more walk around the block to ease your mind from the encounter you had earlier.

"I'm home~. Wh-" Your mouth stopped moving as you were in shock due to seeing the girl you were pissed off at earlier.

This is gonna be a nightmare..... *sigh*

____________

"That was already a long time ago oppa~. Don't talk about that." She whined at you while hitting you on the shoulder.

"See? The past me could've never believed that this is you." You kept teasing her as she kept whimpering at you endlessly. The two of you fell quiet as you enjoyed the walk and the scenery seeing the white snow dropping down to the ground.

"It's been 3 years, huh oppa?"

"Indeed it has."

"We used to glare at each other, pull pranks, etc. But now we're walking together, even taking the same test to go to the same university."

Well, it's cause you're going there.

You did always intend on just keeping your feelings a secret due to not wanting to make what relationship you had with her crumble, but today was just too much for you to take. You felt like you'll regret this for the rest of your life had you not do this today, tomorrow, or whenever.

I need to tell her about my feelings.

You thought of the sentence you're gonna say to her before deploying for the sudden plan.

.....Please let this work.

"Ji-Jiheon-ah." You called her name as she replied with a hum.

"If we both got accepted to S University.... let's date. The two of us." You told her as the two of you kept walking aimlessly heading towards neverland. You waited for her reply as you felt like you could hear your heartbeat getting louder and louder, hoping that she doesn't hear it.

You took a glance at her giving you the same smile she always use to you, just this time... it felt like there was warmth behind it. The smile you love to see everytime it shows.

"We don't have to both get accepted oppa. Let's just date now." She took you by the hand as you intertwined with her small fingers. It felt like you could crush it if you used more strength. Buy of course you wouldn't do that.

"I guess.... that means you like me?" You asked her daringly.

"No?" She said in a questioning tone. "It means i love you, oppa." You felt your heart skipped a beat when she said it. How can she looked so cute as well as so cool whilst saying those sentence? Is it even possible?

"I see. Then, just in case i wasn't clear enough, i'm also in love with you, Jiheon-ah. Please be my girlfriend." You said to her once more as she gave you a peck on the lips making you shocked.

"Mm. I'd love to, oppa."