Nakamura Kazuha | Been a while II

“Feeling better?” 

Sitting opposite of his long time friend who’s calming herself down at the moment, having bursted her tears out after not seeing her best friend in a long time. Memories streaming down her memory lane which triggers her tear to come flowing down, as well as the longing feeling of talking with him.

She hummed, sniffling her nose as she took a tissue from the table. Her eyes stared blankly onto it before turning her gaze to him.

“Your eyes look puffy.” 

“You’re to blame.” She took a deep breath, slowly letting it out as her emotions became more stable.

“Well… we’ve been sitting here for a while, why don’t we order something? Do you want something warm?”

“Some tea would be nice.” She confirmed, before he called the waiter over. 

“So… how many days will you be staying here, Zuha?”

“For about a week. I just landed here earlier this evening, and decided that I’d take a stroll since it’s been quite some time since I’d walked down by the river.”

“I see.”

Silence fell upon them once more. There wasn’t much to their conversation after Y/N ordered their drinks, only glancing around the cafe without looking at each other. He then thought of a way to break the ice.

“This reminds me, remember the time where you fell from your bike when you were still a beginner? It was at the exact same riverside when it happened, wasn’t it?”

“…I can’t believe you made me remember such an embarrassing memory right after I just got done bawling my eyes out.”

He chuckled at her answer.

“Sorry. It’s just that it’s been a long time since we last talked, and I’m not sure of what I should talk about. What I do know is that- I just want to talk to you.” She blew her nose, giggling at his explanation before replying.

“I feel the same way, Y/N. But perhaps we can start by talking about what we’ve been doing for the past few years.”

They both caught up with each other’s lives, learning that Kazuha was still working at her father’s company, starting as an associate and eventually promoted to become a supervisor once he felt that she was ready for the job. It proved to be true after productivity reached its highest of the last 3 years.

She came to take a breather after not taking any vacations for the longest time, hence her sudden breakdown.

“Was it hard? Did you have anyone to talk to during that time?”

“I didn’t. But that’s okay because now, I have you.” He wasn’t sure what she meant by that, resulting in his words becoming stuck in his throat. She wasn’t sure of what happened, before realizing what her sentence could’ve implied.

“I-I mean, because I have you to talk to right now!”

“Oh! Yeah, right! Of course.” They laughed it off, before it fell silent once again. 

“But if you want it to be that way, then…” She whispered low enough for him to not hear what she might’ve mumbled.

“Did you say something just now?”

“I wasn’t!” She waved her hands, before switching topics to another.