Oh Haewon | Even I have things I'm afraid of

In the middle of a cloudy night were two friends hanging out in one of the other's apartment having nothing to do on a friday night.

"I still can't believe I have to finish Mr. Lim's project all by myself." He grunted, regretting that he prioritized his not-too-important thing over the killer professor's class. They were having a talk about their own college classes as they waited for their dinner to arrive.

"Well, that's what you get for ditching his last class."

They continued chatting as he listened to each of her stories from her very first class, when he interrupted her.

"You know, this reminds me. You rarely ever get scared of anything do you? Like how you were barked aggressively by a dog the other day."

"But it was cute!"

"You say that, but even the sound of him barking so loudly had me frightened at first."

"That's because you're a coward." She chuckled.

"Ya-" Just then, their whole surroundings turned dark with the only source of illumination being the moonlight. He clicked his tongue at the sudden event, saying.

"A blackout? Really?" He sighed,

"Let me go check it out just to make sure." He got up off his seat when,

"Wait, I'll come with you." She offered, as she moved to his side in an instant. Seeing this, he then thought of an idea to tease her.

"Oh? Could it possibly be that 'The' Oh Haewon is scared of the darkness?"

Despite the darkness that was upon them, it looked quite clear to him that she put on a smug look before replying.

"You really think that I'm scared? I'm just making sure that you're not going to bump into anything." Despite her words of braveness, she held onto the bottom of his shirt as tight as she could.

"Says the one who's holding onto my shirt."

"You fool, it's because I can't-"

The loud sound of the thunder caught them off guard. Haewon screamed without realizing until she closed her mouth before turning to him. He was surprised at how she was reacting to it.

"You... were kinda cute just now."

"Shut it. I didn't scream. I was yawning just now. Now let's move."

"So you're really not scared? If you're not then you can sit here as I-" He was about to leave, when he felt her pull on his shirt.

"...don't..." She said in a light tone. He had his ear closing in to her, as he wasn't sure of what she had said earlier.

"Don't leave me... please..."

Her eyes looked up at him, still holding onto his shirt as he switched his gaze to meet hers. Time felt as if it had stopped, letting the two have their moment as they stood still, not even blinking a single eye.

Seconds later, the light switched back on, at the same time making them realize what they have been doing the past minute. She immediately let go of her grip and had her face away from his eyes, saying.

"Please forget everything that I said earlier."

Even though her words might seem cold, it was quite obvious to him that she felt embarrassed by her act earlier. He felt his heart still beating fast, as her look of earlier stuck onto his mind, making him unable to think straight.

How could I forget when you looked so awfully cute just now?