Kim Jimin (Monday) | Short-lived love

In a certain classroom, there were a couple of friends sitting with each other, as they stared down towards the school garden where there's a boy currently sitting alone.

"Unnie, are you sure about this...?" The timid student,Jihan, asked her friend, being afraid that she'll be shot down before she could even ask him out on a date.

"I've told you a hundred times already, yes! Now go before he finishes his lunch!" Her friend, Jimin, urged her to do so as she pushed her from behind. She bid her good luck before continuing back to gazing at the guy she had liked for quite a while, Choi Y/N.

She felt sad at the fact that the moment Jihan speaks to him, will be the moment that her love would be over. She's already guessed for a while that he must've liked Jihan, though she would not dare to ask him regarding the question. She felt afraid that the moment she learns the truth, would also be the moment when she breaks down.

Soon after, she saw Jihan walking towards Y/N with hesitant steps.

This is it. It's over now.

She thought to herself, before she rested her head on the table. She felt happy due to her friend finally being able to be brave enough to talk with the boy she likes. yet sad at the same time due to her talking with the same boy that she had a crush on. In the end, she chose her friendship that had lasted ever since their childhood, rather than her love that had only been going on for a month. She had never thought that her first love would end in such a short time.

What a short-lived love...

_________

The two girls walked down the streets, before Jimin told her that she had errands to do, which was a lie. She couldn't hold back her feelings to cry any longer, which is the reason she had to go the other way and calm herself down.

She was about to walk into a store when she heard someone yelling her name. It was Y/N. She quickly gathered herself and acted as if everything was fine.

"Ya! Choi Y/N! What're you doing out here?"

"I was just walking down the street, when I saw you looking mellow. Did something happen?"

He's quick, she thought.

"I-It's nothing! Anyway, I saw that you were talking with Jihan earlier at the garden. Must be nice, huh?" She teased, despite it hurting her on the inside.

"Kind of? She asked me out on a date this saturday." He answered. Jimin felt an arrow strike her heart before she replied.

"Sounds like you got yourself a nice date then."

"Yeah." His answer made her fall into despair even more, seeing that he was smiling when replying to her. At that moment, she decided to just hear the truth out of him in order to finally move on.

"You must really like her a lot, huh?" She asked, bracing herself for his reply.

"No I don't. The person I like is here with me." She couldn't believe what he was saying, and asked once more.

"Who?"

"It's you, pabo." She didn't realize that her mouth was open after she realized that she wasn't hearing things.

"B-But Jihan asked you out on a date! And she told me that you said yes!"

"Me and Jihan were in it, Jimin-ah. Sorry. She came to the garden and told me to confess to you soon, or else you'd move on. I didn't want that to happen so... Here I am."

"Really...? I'm gonna have to smack her tomorrow." Her remarks made him chuckle, before asking.

"So... Jimin-ah. I've actually liked you for a while. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" She laughed in disbelief, unable to comprehend the fact that her crush also liked her the same way. She fixed her hair whilst looking towards the glass, before giving a definite answer.

"Yes."