A Day at the Lake

As I broke down shaking and crying, Sayori got up to join Natsuki who pulled me into a hug. I finally calmed down after a couple of minutes. My nose was running and my eyes were watery and they felt irritated.

"Noah?" Monika asked from the other bed with Sayori with a concerned expression and tone. "I've never seen you like this. What happened?"

I took a long and shaky breath to try to calm my nerves down. I gently pushed Sayori and Natsuki off so I wouldn't feel too congested.

"I...I saw some pretty bad things," I said as I made eye contact with Monika. Sayori pulled a tissue off the nightstand and gave it to me. I wiped my nose with it and thanked her.

"Like what?" Yuri asked, visibly nervous.

Trithfully, I wasn't sure if I should tell them, especially the parts about them killing themselves. I knew it would scare them.

"I don't know," I answered Yuri. "I'm not sure if I'm up to talking about this one."

Jacob sat up on the edge of the bed. "Noah, I have known you for years now. I have been there for you throughout everything. You can talk to us."

"He's right." Natsuki agreed. "You need to talk or nothing with get solved."

Both Natsuki and Sayori looked at me with deeply concerned expressions. I sighed and nodded.

"Alright."

As I told them everything that came to mind, I watched their faces change from concern, to fear. I told them about the female voice and the images that appeared. I watched Sayori tense up by squeezing my arm when I explained her part of the nightmare. I saw Monika look at the ground when I mentioned her part. Yuri looked at Jacob with a concerned look after I mentioned what she did.

I continued to hold back tears after I stopped talking. Monika pursed her lips and looked at the ground in thought.

"Do you have any idea who was talking to you?" she asked.

I sighed and slowly shook my head. "I'm not sure. She sounded similar to the angel, but it was different. I...I don't know."

"What was the difference?" Natsuki asked.

I thought for another moment. "She had a different personality. Maricana sounds good..."

I trailed off. They waited for me to finish my sentence. "She sounded evil."

Nobody said anything after that. Jacob got up and gave me a short hug. "Let's try to get back to sleep, alright?"

I glanced at the clock, and it was pushing six. We could sleep for three or so more hours before we'd have to get moving. It was already dangerous to stay in one spot.

Nobody argued with Jacob's suggestion and I rolled back over. Natsuki cuddled up close to me and put her head on my chest and cupped my face. I fell back asleep in the span of a few minutes, hoping another nightmare wouldn't come.

My wish was granted, but I had hoped Maricana would come so I could talked to her. She had been silent since after the fight against the Eye.

--------------------------------

"Hey! Wake up sleepy head!"

I felt a gentle hand shake my shoulder. I fluttered my eyes, and it was Sayori looking at me with an excited sparke in her eyes.

"We're gonna miss breakfast!"

I groaned from drowsiness."Ugh, you always want breakfast. Can't we sleep in?"