The Weekend (Part 1/2)

While I was asleep, I was awakened at around three in the morning. I rolled over to see Natsuki crying into a pillow.

"Natsuki? Are you okay?" I asked her with concern.

She stops crying and looks at me with puffy eyes. "Yeah, just still having nightmares is all."

I was beginning to think that wasn't all the case. "Are you sure? You know you can talk to me about anything."

"I promise I will Noah."

She laid her head on my chest and closes her eyes. I eventually fall back asleep as well.

I wake up at around ten in the morning. I smell something delicious coming from the kitchen. I put on some clothes and grab my crutches and hobble out of my bedroom. I find Jacob still asleep and Natsuki cooking some breakfast.

"Hey sunshine, watcha cooking?"

She turns around and fixes my hair some. "Ah, nothing really. Just some pancakes, eggs, and bacon."

Jacob must've smelled food as well, as he came out of his room with some bed head.

The food was finally ready, and we talked about what we were going to do when Monika and Sayori got here. They were supposed to get here by around 3 pm. We didn't think we'd need much, just some stuff to color with, and a computer and printer. It was mainly me and Natsuki talking, as I didn't notice until later hey Jacob wasn't talking hardly at all.

"You okay?" I asked him. He looks at me with sad eyes.

"Can we talk outside?" He suddenly asks me.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said as I let go of Natsuki's hand.

Jacob and I step outside into our backyard.

"What is it?" I questioned him.

"Dude, have you ever thought of a way to get out of here?"

"Well yeah, I have. Why do you ask?"

"I'm getting tired. I know we've only saved Natsuki so far, but I want to go home, and I don't even know how to go home."

I could tell he was truly upset. "I get it man. This is tiring for me too, but we can't right now. There's still more to do, and we should be done by around the middle of next week or so."

Jacob sighed. "Dude, once we save Yuri, I'm probably going to leave."

That shocked me. I couldn't believe how he was acting. "What? Saving Monika is going to be the hardest thing here to do! I'm not saying that this isn't hard, but it's already hard enough! I need all the help I can get. Remember the promise I made to you last night?"

He wordlessly nodded his head. "And I'm determined to keep it. I will not allow any of the girls to die. We've come too far to fail now, and worse yet, I don't know what will happen if we do fail."

Jacob sighed again and looked at me. "You're right man. I'm sorry for acting like that."

We share a hug and enter the house. Natsuki was cleaning the kitchen. It was around one, so we still have some time to spare.

"Hey Nat, do you need any help?"

"No, you and Jacob go watch a movie or something. I got this."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Huh? Yeah I can do this."

That reminded me of the time Natsuki and I was in the closet and the manga was on the top shelf. I smile remembering that. That moment is probably what sparked our relationship. I'm glad I was there for her when she really needed it.