Festival Preparations

My alarm woke me up the next morning. I completely forgot that Natsuki was in bed with me, and apparently, so did she. 

"Ah! What the..!?" she suddenly screamed, scaring the living crap out of me. 

The painful part was, she punched me right in the nose. We both remembered what happened, and she apologized a hundred times, and Jacob frantically ran into our room. 

"What happened? I heard screaming!"

 He saw what had gone down and started laughing. We both look at him in surprise, and eventually, we do as well. Thankfully, my nose wasn't broken, although, it really hurt.

Natsuki made breakfast in return for what had happened, and as expected, it was delicious. We didn't talk about what happened in the past couple of days, since none of us wanted to, but instead, talked about the upcoming events of today. Jacob and I were careful not to talk about saving any of the other girls, so we talked more about the festival preparations. Today was the day that I'd have to choose who to spend the weekend with, but we already had that planned out. All that we have left is to hope that it will work.

On the way to school, we didn't find Sayori catching up to us as she has the past few days. About halfway to the school, Jacob and I were exchanging worried glances.

Jacob suddenly couldn't stand it anymore. "Hey guys, I forgot something at home." As we make our way back home, I take Natsuki into the house, while Jacob went next door. 

--------------------------------------

Jacob didn't want to screw this up. It was far too late for that.

He tried to act normal, and he saw Noah give him a nod for good luck. He knocked on her door, and as half expected, no answer. Jacob tried the back door again, and it was open. He ran up to her room and knocked on her door, with no answer. 

"Sayori? Wake up." 

No answer. Jacob tried the door. 

He sighed deeply in relief. She was only oversleeping. However, relief turned to anger. 

"Sayori!" 

She woke with a start. "What? What are you doing here!?"  

Jacob sighed. "I only came here to get you up. Come on now, we're gonna be late." 

She looks confused but quickly understood the situation. "Oh, okay. I'll hurry. Now get out!" 

Jacob does as she says and he exits the house with his heart still pounding in his chest. He believed that they barely escaped this one.

-------------------------------------

I saw Jacob and Sayori come out of the house, to which I was very relieved. Meanwhile, Natsuki was still very confused as to what was going on. We finally leave for school, four instead of three, and we barely make it on time for our first period.

The day goes by a lot slower than normal. I noticed that there was an unusual quietness throughout the school to where it was unusual. 

I found Jacob in between my third and fourth periods. "Is it me, or is everyone quieter today?" 

"I don't know," he responded. "I've been noticing the same thing." 

After, we later leave for our fourth period.

After the strange quietness, it was finally time for the club. As I crutch into the room, everyone warmly greets me, especially Natsuki. I say hi to everyone, and I crutch my way to Monika.