Saving Yuri

I wake up about 15 minutes earlier than normal, and I wasn't sure why. I was tired since I was only able to get about four to five hours of sleep, if not less. It was definitely worth it, regardless.

I quietly climbed out of the bed to make breakfast for everybody. I was the only one up so far, so I had some time to think about today's upcoming events. I decided to make some pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. I almost burnt the pancakes, but it was still edible.

Around the time I typically wake up, Jacob was surprisingly the first to come out of his room.

"Hey, watcha cooking?" he mumbled, still half asleep.

"Ah, just pancakes and all that good stuff," I said.

Then, I had thought of something, thinking of Yuri and the events that come with it. She goes crazy for me, not Jacob. Jacob or any other player like him never showed up in the game; it's just the MC. I wondered if that would interfere with anything important.

A few minutes later, Natsuki and Sayori come out. Sayori still looked a little upset, or it was just that she didn't want to get up. Both were bad in this case, but overall, she looks much better than she has been.

"Good morning sleepy heads. Anyone hungry?" I asked in a cheerful tone.

Immediately, both Natsuki and Sayori said in unison, "ME!"

"Haha, well it's almost done, about five minutes or so," I said.

Jacob helped me ready the food, and it was finished in due time. Natsuki finished the two pancakes she had, and the eggs in less than five minutes, which I wasn't surprised. So did Sayori, which actually surprised me a little. Jacob on the other hand was slowly but surely eating.

We finished and cleaned up the kitchen. I got ready for the nerve-wracking day at school. It was pretty cold out, so we all grabbed a small jacket.

Jacob, however, was still quiet. He looked like he was thinking pretty hard about something, and I was sure on what it was about. Sayori and Natsuki were happily talking about something random that none of us paid no attention to. We made it to the school and went our separate ways.

The day was even quieter than before, and the air felt heavier than usual. My mind flashed back to what Monika explained to us earlier, but I tried to ignore it and move on. It was finally time for the literature club, and I was scared to even walk through the door. I saw Jacob come up behind me, but he ran to the restroom across the hall. I ran to follow him.

He threw up all in the trash can. It reminded me too much of the time Natsuki would've done the same thing, but hopefully, we won't ever have to witness that.

I sat next to him. "Jacob, I know how scary this is, I really do. We've already had to face it twice with Natsuki and Sayori. You know I'll be there for you, and I know you'll be there for me. I want you to think about what I'm about to say."

Jacob looked at me, and I continued. "If it wasn't for you finding a way into the game, there's no way in hell I would've gotten this far. I wouldn't have been able to save Natsuki."

I meant that with all of my heart. He stood up and I did the same. Jacob put his hand out to shake. I returned it and we pulled each other into a hug.

He released me and took a deep breath. "Thank you, Noah."

We exit the restroom and enter the club. Jacob took a deep breath. I could tell he was still nervous, but I don't blame him. This was probably the most important day in the game, and I was scared too.