Noah and the Angel

I had never thought that I had the courage to pick up the knife and swing at an evil magician who heavily reminded me of the Illuminati. 

In all seriousness, it was a huge burst of adrenaline that came out of nowhere. I could never explain what came over me at that moment. Was it Maricana? That thought came to mind as I went toe-to-toe with the Third Eye. 

"Agh!" I suddenly exclaimed as the Third Eye landed a blow to my jaw. I could feel blood drip down to the ground. 

The Eye extended his arms with a crazed look in his eyes, and another pulse radiated throughout the basement of the school. A huge glitch sent me airborne and I landed hard on the ground. 

He laughed. "You're just a mortal, Whitfield! I have all the power in the world!" 

He came over and kicked me in the same spot on my face, and I was sent rolling on the ground. Tears welled up from the stinging sensation of the impact. 

"Noah!" I heard Jacob's voice call out to me. 

"Don't worry about me!" I called back. "I can handle this!" 

Jacob was able to make eye contact with me, and I could tell that he couldn't last much longer. I saw Yuri along with him, and she was fighting her heart out, but every now and then, the possessed monsters would try to knock her down. Sayori was holding up fine, but there was no telling how much ammo she had left. Meanwhile, Monika and Natsuki were tag-teaming well, but Monika was looking like she was tired beyond limits. Natsuki had visible cuts and was bleeding from multiple spots on her body. 

I knew I had to hurry this up. 

It was at that point that I could feel an overwhelming sensation take over my body. I felt my eyes began to glow a dark shade of red, and I later realized that it was the same feeling as I felt in my dreams with Maricana. I suddenly felt extremely powerful. 

I spoke without a thought, and my voice was distorted. Maricana's voice collided with mine. "You may have all the power in the world, but I have all the power in the universe. Step down, now!" 

For a second, the Third Eye looked confused, but his hands suddenly began to glow a golden color. He also began to smile. "Oh, but this is just getting interesting. Why would I step down from a glorious fight like this?" 

The Eye lept at me without warning, but I quickly countered by leaping back at him. As if it was instinct, I grabbed his throat, wrapped my leg around the back of his, and slammed him back-first against the ground. He grunted at the impact.

He coughed, getting the air back in his body. Maricana spoke again. 

"This is your final warning," she commanded. "Step down, and I will banish you painlessly." 

The Third Eye stared in my direction for a long second but got up instead. "I will not be ordered to do something by the likes of you. Fight me like a man!" 

I then extended my hand, and time seemed to slow down to almost a halt. I, or Maricana I should say, grabbed the Third Eye again by the neck and shot up all the way to the roof. I landed on it with my feet and shot back down to the ground. Maricana sped time back up to its normal setting right before the impact. 

The Eye landed with a solid and satisfying thud, and he didn't move for a while. I felt control of my body again, but the power still flowed within me. I turned to Monika.