The Battle for our Reality

It was fortunate that nothing at the gas station happened this time. We fueled up and got on the road, looking for someplace to sleep for the night. We found another safe place and lay our heads back. I had trouble falling asleep, but I eventually surrendered to sleep.

I found myself once again standing on the familiar white platform. I looked up to see Maricana with a serious expression written on her face.

"Noah, we have much to discuss before the important battle that lies ahead of you tomorrow."

I nodded. "I believe we do."

"There is no telling what Crystalline has planned," she said. "She is an extremely unpredictable character. However, I have an idea. This is the only way that we can stop her from destroying your world."

"I'm listening," I said.

"We can take her into my own world," she said, which drew a confused look off my face.

She elaborated. "It's tough to explain. If you let me use your body, I can do the work for you."

I shrugged. "Well, you haven't killed me yet. I trust you."

Maricana tilted her head. "And why is that, Noah?"

I thought for a moment. "You've helped me since the beginning. You kept us alive during the fight with the third eye, and now, you're having to go against your own sister. Maricana, you chose me to help you against the war between heaven and hell. I have this feeling that you won't just use me. And..."

I glanced back up at her. She had a mix of shock and satisfaction written on her face.

I continued. "You gave me Natsuki. I can't thank you enough for that."

Maricana smiled and got closer to me. "Love is rich, especially at your age. Do not let her go, Noah. If she is dear to you, fight for her, no matter what."

I smiled in return. "I'll do the best I can."

"Things will be hard," she continued with a more serious expression. "But I have faith that you will make smart decisions. I will help you as much as I possibly can, but I can not promise your immediate safety. I can only do but so much."

I took a deep breath. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes. As long as I have you and Jacob by my side, I am willing to stand up to Crystalline and her forces."

Maricana smiled warmly and nodded. "Very well then. Good luck, Noah. I believe in you."

The dream began to fade away, and she sent me into the next day. There was no telling what was going to happen.

—————————————————

The next morning came with a bang. Literally.

A loud gunshot startled us awake. Air was heard hissing from the tire.

"Get out of the car and put your hands up!Now!"

I cursed, hoping I could've slept more, but I should've known better. We all carefully climbed out of the car and raised our hands up. "Okay now you!" the soldier pointer to me. "Come here!"

I did as I was told. With my arms still raised, I slowly made my way to within touch of the soldier. However, as soon as the guard touched me, I instinctively snatched the gun out of his hands and kicked him onto the dirt. I pulled out Voss's revolver and shot him twice into his chest.

I took his pistol and tossed it to Jacob. He fumbled with it before looking at me.

"Remind me not to mess with you ever again," he jokingly told me.