A Nightmare Come True

We decided to go see a movie before settling in for the night. None of us were too impressed by it, even though it was supposed to be an action movie. It ended with the main character dying and his soon-to-be-wife committing suicide. It was a tear-jerker, but personally, we could've done better. Afterward, we decided to go out for dinner.

I leaned over to Jacob in the passenger seat. "Let's surprise them with hibachi."

He looked back at me with a peculiar expression. "Are you sure? That's pretty expensive."

I shrugged. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Alright, then."

The trip there was congested with traffic. It took us longer than anticipated, and we had to find a different area to park in. When we parked, I turned to Jacob.

"Keep a gun on you just in case," I suggested. "Crystalline's forces could be close."

He nodded and slightly lifted his shirt. I patted my pocket as well.

We had to walk a few buildings down to get to the restaurant. Jacob and I stood on each side of the girls in case something similar to when Sayori was snagged in the alleyway happened again.

The Japanese restaurant was completely packed. The Asian lady greeted us at the front desk with a slightly strained expression. She spoke in a rough Asian accent.

"Hello. How many we have today?"

I smiled in greeting. "Six, please."

She nodded and clicked her pen. "It will be about a thirty minute wait. Is that okay?"

I turned to them, and they nodded. I turned back and nodded as well.

She nodded and wrote something down for a second. "May I get the last name?"

"Whitfield," I said.

"Okay," she said. "We will let you know when we are ready for you."

"Thank you," I replied and sat down in front of the main doors.

"Why did you choose here?" Natsuki asked over the noise. Meanwhile, clanging could be heard from behind me. She looked over my shoulder, and it was the guy preparing to cook the meal in front of the customers. I smiled.

"That's why."

Suddenly, a large flame spewed out in front of the people. Yuri gasped.

"Oh, my lord! Is that supposed to happen?"

"That, and a lot more to come, too," Jacob said.

Surprisingly, we waited less than we were told. The hostess smiled and motioned behind her. We followed her back and sat down at the table. There was another family there as well with two children who looked as if they could've been twins. The two boys looked about ten or so years old and wore party hats.

Natsuki was on the far end of the table, and a middle aged woman who sat beside her complimented on her hair.

"Where did you get it dyed at?" the woman asked.

"Oh, I never dyed it," Natsuki answered. "I was born this way."

She looked at her with a strange expression. "W-What?"

Natsuki chuckled. "It's a strange concept, I know."

The waiter came by, who looked around our age, if not a little older. He took our drink orders and later said that he'd come by to get our food orders in a few minutes.

I was sitting next to Monika as well, and she excitedly tapped my shoulder. "Noah, they have squid. Should I try it?"

I chuckled, recalling the reference in the game. "I'd prefer you not get an appetizer, but you can do whatever you want."