The Angel of a Corrupted Past

I had never thought that I'd be fighting an angel, but here I was, staring one right in the face. My mind flashed back to when Jacob and I faced the Third Eye. Still, I found it ridiculous how similar this and the fight then was.

The only difference was that I can't shove a grenade down Crystalline's throat.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I never really knew much about who Crystalline was besides what Maricana had told me in previous dreams. I found that out pretty quickly.

Crystalline let out a wave that instantly brought me to my knees. Memories of my past filled my head, along with a sudden and sharp headache.

"Noah!" Natsuki said and rushed to my side.

I looked at her with confusion. How was she not being affected by this?

Wiping the sweat from my face, I looked at Jacob, and he was fine as well. I forced myself to stand back up. Crystalline looked at me with a more serious expression. However, a small smile still sat on her lips. She knew how powerful she was.

She said again, "Then let the games begin."

Before I could even react, Crystalline suddenly disappeared.

"Noah, I'm scared," Sayori said, gripping my shirt.

If I were honest, so was I. Crystalline had just given off extremely powerful energy, and it was obviously more than we could handle. There was no way that Jacob and I could do this, along with protecting the girls.

I could only sigh and say what first came to mind. "I know, Sayori. I am too. But we have to do our best, right?"

She nodded. I nodded back. "Then let's do our best."

Crystalline later reappeared at the front door. She had her backed turned to us and I cringed at the sight.

She giggled."Ta ta! I have a universe to take over!"

She disappeared again. We all ran out to try and follow her, but it was no use. She was nowhere to be seen.

"What the hell?" Jacob exclaimed in frustration. "I don't get it."

"I don't either," I replied, a defeated feeling coming over me. "Come on. Let's get out of this place."

As we exited the building, I took one last look at the warehouse and sighed. I made a mental note to try and forget everything that had went down in there, especially seeing Sayori almost hung and Natsuki getting slapped. We got in the car and I started the engine. Before I shifted gears, Jacob looked in my direction.

"What are we going to do?"

I looked down in thought. "We can't kill her. She's an angel."

"She surely doesn't seem like one," Natsuki commented.

"She's a corrupted angel," I stated. "A fallen angel."

I paused. "We either have to rid her of the Third Eye or drive her out of the universe. Those are our only options."

"How are we going to do that?" Jacob asked, his eyes wide with fear.

I was honest. "I have no idea."

He looked at me dumbfounded. "That's it?"

I shrugged. "Do you have any better ideas?"

Jacob looked away from me for a second. "W-Well, no, but..."

He trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"I say we just drive," Monika suggested. "Drive until we find something."