The Warehouse

"Noah?"

A voice called out to me. It was the voice of a little boy.

"Where are you?" I called out in the darkness.

The room I was in at the time was completely pitch black. It felt endless as if I was in an empty, vast universe. I reached out, only to find nothing but empty air.

"Noah, don't let him take me!" the boy pleaded. "I don't want to go!"

I began to run to the sound, but my legs felt as if they were lead. I continued to push forward to the sound. The noise sounded like it was becoming distant by the second.

Then, another voice called out to me from behind. It was feminine."No! Don't follow it! He'll take you too!"

I hesitated, but the female voice became distorted. "Noah!"

I pushed forward, and my legs suddenly started to work again. "Jayson! Where are you?"

"I'm here!"

I ran as hard as I could, but my little legs couldn't catch up to him. "Jayson!"

I was suddenly met with a hard kick to the stomach. Gasping for air, I looked up, to find a dark shadow looming over me.

I croaked out the first words that came to mind. "Don't take him."

He never said anything. Instead, he walked away, and I was too scared and stunned to move. Tears slowly dripped down my cheeks. A few moments later, I felt myself being picked up and brought into a hug.

I instantly began sobbing. "Why? Why did Dad take him?"

My mother tightened her grip on me. "Don't worry about it, baby. You will never leave my sight."

I opened my eyes, and the shadow suddenly dissipated, and I fell through with it. Falling, I was speechless. Fear swelled through me, but I was silent.

I collapsed in a classroom, and my classmates began laughing at me. I was confused.

"Wh-What happened?" I asked.

"You idiot!" a blond-haired boy teased. He looked young, maybe around twelve or thirteen. "You fell asleep and just woke up like you had a bad dream. What's the matter? Too afraid to be here because of us?"

Another dark-haired boy that was sitting beside him laughed as well. "Dork. Did you stay up too late dreaming about Kaylie again?"

The class erupted in laughter again. Kaylie, who was a very pretty girl, shook her head. Another darker-skinned boy snorted.

"She's too pretty for you. Just face the facts."

"Alright, settle down class," the teacher said with an obvious smile. "Leave Noah alone."

"Loser," the blond mumbled.

I fought back more tears, but before I could process what happened, everything went black again. My chair also dissipated, but I stood up before I could fall.

"What's going on!?" I yelled into the abyss.

Nothing, but my vision became blurry. I fell through the abyss again, but time seemed to slow down. Memories of my childhood flooded back into my head.

The fights my parents always had. Jayson and I shutting our doors to tune it out. Then not long after those fights, Jayson being ripped out from my mother's arms.

Memories of my late elementary and middle school days started. The bullying, the fights I got in, the tormenting all came back to me. I didn't want to watch, but for some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.