A Little Extra Help

As I make my way to the door, someone said, "Hey, are you here?"

I stop dead in my tracks before I ran and unlocked the door, and to my sudden surprise, it was indeed Jacob.

I wrapped him in a huge bear hug. Jacob struggled to speak, so I released him.

"Hey, man! That angel decided that I come a little sooner."

I was still stunned.

"Well, I don't care how you did it. As long as you're here, I don't have as much to worry about."

I escort him into my house, and we sit down on the couch as I told him what has happened so far. He listened intently.

"So tomorrow is the third day correct?" he asked me.

"Yes."

"Okay. So that's the day that we need to focus on the most right now, because Sayori's depression really kicks in there."

I think for a moment. I then told him the promise that I made Sayori make.

"Yeah that'll definitely help, but I wouldn't fully trust it, I suggest that we go check on her tonight, to see how everything is." Jacob said. I agreed, and I told him that I'll fix him some leftover spaghetti.

We sit there just doing nothing but talking about ways to save the girls. I told him that I haven't done anything about Yuri, and expectantly he seemed relieved, knowing that he'll want to save her. I later showed him the guest bedroom, and he immediately crashed onto the bed. I got ready as well since it was almost midnight. I crawled into my own bed and immediately crashed as well.

-------------------------------------

My alarm wakes me up for school. Slowly, I got up and I walk to Jacob's room. I knock and get him up. Although he initially asked me to leave him alone, he eventually got out of bed.

I decided to make breakfast that morning. I got out a frying pan and made some eggs, bacon, sausage, and wheat toast. Jacob came out right when the food was finished. We ate and talked about what would happen that day, and fortunately, had an extra uniform that was a little big on him, but it fits nonetheless.

As we made our way out the door, Sayori caught up with us, and I was surprised that she didn't oversleep again. I introduced him to her and told her that he was going to join the club. While Sayori was very excited about it, Jacob agreed and we walked the rest of the way to school.

As the day progressed, it was finally time for the club. As for Jacob, I could tell he was nervous. "Hey, you already know one of them, and you're gonna meet Yuri soon. There's nothing to worry about. I'll help you along the way, okay?"

"Alright, bro. I got this," he said as we entered the club room.

"Hey everybody! I have a surprise for all of you!"

All of the girls stopped what they were doing and turned around to see us.

I continued. "We have a new club member!"

I glanced over at Jacob who looked a little nervous.

"Hey, Noah! Who is this?" Monika asked.

"This is my best friend, Jacob. He will be joining the club now." I glanced over to where Yuri was sitting, and she was eyeing Jacob from a distance away.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Monika," Jacob said, bowing his head slightly.

"Make yourself at home," she said, but then leaned in. "We'll talk later."

I introduced him to the other three, and we began to progress through the day. After a while, things were going pretty normally when I hear an exasperated sigh coming from the closet. I wander over there to see, again, if Natsuki needed help.