Saving Natsuki

I quickly answered the phone. "Hey, Nat! Is everything okay?" 

Jacob was anxious to know if everything was okay as well. 

"Noah?" she said into the phone.

"Natsuki? Is everything okay?"

"Noah...please. Help me..." she says in a small voice. I heard screaming in the background. 

That was all I needed to hear. "I'm on my way. Stay on the line if you can, okay?" 

I didn't hear anything for a little bit. "I'll try...." she mumbled. 

However, she hung up as we were getting ready. Jacob and I threw some warm clothes on,  grabbed my shotgun, and got into the car. I started the engine and booked it to Natsuki's house. Thankfully, it was only on the other side of the school, which was about a five-minute drive. 

We finally made it, and it's eerily quiet. I cautiously step out of my car, with Jacob by my side. I told Jacob to go around back to see if it was open, and thank God, it was. We quietly step in, not trying to make a sound, but the living room tv was on, but no one was watching it. The house was a complete mess. There was trash scattered everywhere, from the kitchen all the way to the living room. The scary part to me was that there was a pistol on the ground. I stare at it, feeling the rage boil up inside of me. 

Jacob nudged me. "It's too quiet, let's go upstairs." 

"Good idea," I whisper back. 

We made it upstairs, and we begin to hear a small noise. Outside Natsuki's room, it was cracked, so I peek in. I pulled out my phone, in case I needed to record something important. I could barely make out a tall figure and Natsuki on her knees with her head in her hands. I could tell she was crying. 

 The man says, "You are nothing to me! Do you realize that? Ever since your mother died, I've hated you so f*cking much!" 

The man goes on as I pull out my phone, and I press record. 

"I can't believe this!" He slaps her hard across the face, then he continued."This is what you get! All of it!" 

He does it again, making Natsuki fall over. I've had enough at that point. 

I quietly back away from the door. "Jacob, call the police and tell them what's going on." 

He does and I could've sworn the man heard us for a second. I see him come towards the door, so I pull Jacob into the bathroom. 

"Is anyone here!?" 

We held our breaths until he returned to the room. 

"Ugh. Now she's making me hear things." 

He walks back into the room. Jacob tells me that the cops will be there as soon as they can, but then I hear Natsuki wail, and without thinking, I burst into the room.

"Who the hell are you!?" The man yells, quickly coming towards me. I pull out my shotgun, I see him hesitate. 

"Yeah, that's right take one more step forward and it's game over for you." 

He doesn't move, raising his hands up in surrender. I keep the shotgun aimed toward him. Hopefully, I won't even have to touch the trigger. 

"You're making a bad mistake son. I don't know who the hell you are, but you better leave before I do something that I may regret," Natsuki's father says seriously.

I glance toward the window, and I see three or four police cars pull into the driveway. 

"What the... did you call the cops!?"