Breaking into the School

Monika and I decided that it was the best option for us to break into the school to get the computer that Yuri mentioned beforehand. Jacob and the others would try to stall and fight the LFS that currently guarded the front of the school. 

"Go! We've got this under control!" Jacob exclaimed. 

"What about the girls?" I questioned out of concern for their safety. 

Sayori flashed me a smile. "Noah, you don't have to worry about that." 

She pulled out a pistol and proceeded to deadeye an LFS member from a long distance away. I stared at her in disbelief. 

"Where did you learn to do that?" I asked. 

Sayori shrugged. "There used to be a club for it at school. I told you that you should've joined earlier." 

I rolled my eyes sarcastically, but what about Natsuki? 

I turned to her, but she only gave me a hard look. "You don't have to worry about me, either." 

She cracked her knuckles. "I've taken self-defense classes as a child until recently when my dad forced me to quit. I think I'll be fine." 

I sighed. "Okay then. What about Yu-" 

She cut me off by pulling a knife out of her pocket. That quickly answered my question. 

"Yeah, you should be fine," I said. "Good luck guys!" 

Jacob kicked off the battle by launching a grenade right into the middle of the hoard. A loud explosion completely rocked the area. Monika and I met the hoard, and the two of us easily handled what tried to stop us. However, I didn't want to waste too much ammo, since I still had my shotgun and a pocket knife for backup. 

We made it into the school to see something that shocked us. There were a bunch of people in there that instantly tried to attack us. The difference, however, was that their eyes were glowing a dark shade of red, unlike the others. Monika and I fended them off the best we could. We tried to sneak around to find the back way, but we had to kill a few of them with the knives to try not to make much noise, because there was a lot out here, much more than we can handle with a shotgun and knives.

Once we made it into the commons area, it was pitch black. It seems like the electricity has been cut off. Fortunately, I could use my phone as a flashlight. I pulled it out and looked around us.

I heard Monika stifle a gasp. There seemed to be thousands of the possessed-looking LFS in the school alone. All of them were a good distance away, but we still had to be as quiet as possible. Some of them were drifted off throughout the school, and we took them down pretty easily. We even recognized some of the students.

Monika finished off one by putting him in a chokehold. "I remember him. He was the leader of the debate club." 

"How did that feel?" I asked quietly. 

She smiled. "Great. He was a total jerk." 

I smiled back at her, and I had a thought shortly after. Was the cause of the big slowdown as the days progressed the Third Eye? It only made sense, and the glitches didn't start until recently as well. That didn't matter anymore, though. I had to focus on the task at hand. 

We fought our way to the literature club, but before we entered, I pointed the flashlight through the window. It seemed to be okay, so we entered in. Nobody seemed to be in it, surprisingly. We put down our stuff and sat down on the floor because all of the desks were bloody. There must have been some sort of fight here recently. 

I took a deep breath. "It's okay, everything is gonna be okay." 

Monika and I looked at each other. She pointed to my chest.