2. not today satan

FIRST month of practice after summer break is always a pain in the ass

FIRST month of practice after summer break is always a pain in the ass. Having to adjust my body again to the early morning practices. Off season for me is always great since I get to relax and workout at whatever time I feel like it. But it also sucks cause it does make it a little harder to remain in tip top shape. Though I can't really complain. I'm grateful for this opportunity, if it weren't for my love for football, I don't know if I would even be here at Calvary.

When I applied for different colleges, my goal was the art programs. Ever since I was a little kid, I was big on drawing. My parents thought it was a phase and boy were they wrong. The older I got, the better my drawing skills got too. My dream was to one day have my own comic book. That dream seems like so far away now. Not only did my love for drawing get bigger but so did my love for football.

I'm an art major. There's still no debate on that but now I'm not so sure that after college I won't wanna go pro. I'm never cocky or arrogant but I'm good at it. There's been talk about the draft and the more i hear about it, I get excited. My best friend Miguel, and Dom talk about their future and the NFL and I'm not about to lie and say that I don't want that life, cause I do.

Talking to my mom about the situation, she wasn't very helpful. My mom is my biggest supporter, she believes that either path I take I'll succeed. But she also believes that if I actually wanted, I could do both. I'm not sure how that will work. Football seems to be a full time job. I used to say "luckily I still have time to decide" and I can no longer say that... next year if everything goes good, we graduate. That leaves me almost no time to hesitate on my future.

Laying back on my bed, while tossing my football in the air, I'm immediately distracted when my door swings open. Thankfully, I quickly move so the ball doesn't land on my face. Miguel, my best friend slash roommate walks right on inside my room. "Get your lazy ass up and come with me to the store."

I let out a loud groan, as I sit up on my bed. If there's one thing I hate the most besides waking up early, is going to the grocery store. Miguel knows this too.  "Pass. You have a girlfriend now." I answer him, and lay back down.

Miguel makes an annoying sound and smacks the side of my leg. "Vi, is busy right now. Plus you and I haven't been hanging out as much." He says back.

Even though we live together, he has a point. I did see him during the summer but now that he has a girlfriend, most of his break he spent it with her. But also we've been busy since we came back to school with practice and essays to get done. Like I said before, this whole college thing is already starting to get more serious.

"Fine! Ill go!" I say, letting out another groan. Getting off my bed, I reach in my closet for a shirt and slip it over my head. It's not like i have anything better to do on a Tuesday night anyway. Why not go grab some much needed groceries, amongst other things that I need.