13. friday the 13th

high school

high school

Zoe surprised me when I got home from school today. Her brother Ian is working out of town so he wanted to make sure Zoe and her younger sister Eva were somewhere safe.

It didn't happen often that he left but when it did, Zo came with me and her little sister stayed with an aunt of theirs. Eva loved being there. I think it was the figure of a mom she craved.

My plans were to stay in or maybe catch a movie but she insisted on coming out.

Which brings us here to Monroe's diner. Josh and I share one side of the booth and Zoe sits on the other side. And I'm glad her and Josh are getting along just fine. I know that sometimes Zoe can be too much.

"Is there anything cool going on tonight?" Zoe chimes.

Josh pops a fry into his mouth. "Define, cool?"

But I already know what she's going to say and it's not gonna be Josh's definition of cool. Zoe likes to get wild, parties, raves and even clubs if they let her in. One hundred percent the opposite of my boyfriend.

Like me, Josh is laid back. He skateboards and attends a few kickbacks but nothing wild. Other than smoking weed, he drinks but barely.

Zoe shrugs. "Any parties?"

I just smile without saying a word. Our town isn't that small but it's not big either. West Babylon is a suburb outside of Long Island, it only has two elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools. The rest are from the city but we need to cross the bridge for that. But usually there's always something going on here.

Friday the 13TH isn't any different. In fact there's probably more commotion going on tonight.

"Actually yeah, there's a house party going on." Josh says, startling me. I shoot him a look but he ignores it. "David Crisp is a buddy and he's throwing it. You guys wanna go?"

My brows pinch in confusion. Why is he all of a sudden eager to go to a stupid house party?

"Yes!" Zoe squeals clapping her hands together. And I can't help the irrigation building up.

Back at my house Zoe and I attempt to get ready. Well I attempt, because she is full on getting dolled up.

Zoe is a few inches shorter than I am. She's petite but physically flawless. Her body is curvy, her but is big and even her boobs aren't bad. She has shiny long black hair, a tiny nose and beautiful full lips.