10. halloween

WILL this nightmare ever end? First Zoe comes to visit Alice and attempts to ruin our friendship all because of her damn jealousy

WILL this nightmare ever end? First Zoe comes to visit Alice and attempts to ruin our friendship all because of her damn jealousy. And of course Alice is oblivious to all of it. She believes and trusts Zoe.

Now Halloween day which was supposed to be a day of fun thanks to someone breaking into the schools electricity building. They fucked with the power so we won't have classes tomorrow. But now Kai—Alice's boyfriend came for a fucking visit!

Yay!

Which brings us to another issue... that fucker doesn't like me. It's so obvious. A's tone and body language changes when he calls and she has to tell him that she's hanging out with me.

Not that I give a fuck what he thinks but it still bugs me how she acts.

All week I was hesitant to talk to her about what Zoe said the night of the bonfire. I keep choosing not to say anything from fear of ruining our friendship.

I mean who am I kidding, Zoe is right. Assuming that Alice did have feelings for me back then doesn't mean she'll feel the same now. Even if she did, it still doesn't change the fact that I dated Zoe. Her best friend. She may have slept with Aaron but it's not the same. He wasn't my all time best friend and they didn't have a full relationship. Alice wouldn't break girl code.

Violet walks into the kitchen all cheery and happy, humming an upbeat tune and opens the fridge. I look up from my cereal bowl and scowl. Of course she's happy. She's in love. "Why you so happy?" I grumble.

"Why you so grumpy?" She fires back.

I try to hide my smile by putting a spoon full of cereal in my mouth.

"It's Halloween." She sing songs. "The most wonderful time of the year."

Ahh. I should've known. It's the season of the witch. Of course ole gothic queen here is gonna be all cheerful and happy. Although she is Halloween, the day itself for her is like Christmas morning for a toddler.

Since the moment I met her, she's reminded me of Amy Lee, lead singer of the band Evanescence. Same piercing green eyes and long black hair, even now with shorter hair—they could be sisters.

"I should've known."

Violet pours herself some orange juice and pops some waffles into the toaster. "Yeah, and you're bumming me out with that hideous frown."

I laugh. "Sorry. Sorry." I raise my arms in defeat. "I just woke up with a headache." I lie.

"I can make you a tea that will help with that."

A tea? I just popped some pain killers a while ago.

"You have a tea for headaches?" I dare question. I'm not sure what all she practices but I know she messes with herbal things and crystals. Not in a satanic way but still very witchy vibes. Pretty cool actually.