3. zoe valentine

THE water is deliciously hot, as I sit inside the tub in a nice relaxing bath

THE water is deliciously hot, as I sit inside the tub in a nice relaxing bath. It feels so good to be back home.

It's only been a month here in school but already it's been a stressful week. But Kai asked me to go see him perform with his band for the first time. Just four hours from here in this gorgeous little town Ashwood and I just couldn't say no to him. During the summer we didn't get to spend a lot of time together, I did a lot of traveling with Violet and the guys so I was gone most of the time.

We only made our situation official before I came back to school. We met during Thanksgiving break but we were mostly just talking and getting to know each other. And If I'm being honest I wasn't all that sure about jumping into a long distance relationship. Even though it's only a few hours away, still he's in a different state and we won't get to see each other often. Either way I'm happy with my decision, Kai is great and I'm really into him.

My phone vibrates next to me on the tub. I'm thinking Jay is going to bitch at me for not letting him know that I was back but I wanted to shower first and then hopefully hang out with him. I didn't talk to him the whole weekend and frankly I miss the kid.

However, to my surprise it's not him. I wrinkle my brows in confusion when I see Zoe's name appear on my screen. So I quickly open the message.

Zoe: Miss your face boo. Can't wait to go visit you.

Quickly, after reading that, I sit up in the tub. What does she mean by visiting me? That has me confused and concerned. So I reply instantly.

Me: I miss your face 2 ! You planning a trip over here?

It only takes a few seconds for her to read the message and reply.

Zoe: Yes. I'm back in the city & I really wanna see you. Even if it's just for the weekend.

I let out a hard sigh. It's not that I don't want her to come but she doesn't know about Johnny yet and she'll be upset that I haven't told her. In my defense she was out of the country but also I just don't wanna deal with her drama.

Zoe and I have been friends since back in elementary. She was the cool social little kid in school that knew everything. I was the quiet loner who liked to color and hunt for butterflies. I'm not sure what possessed her to befriend me but she stuck to me like glue and we became inseparable. Even when my mom passed away, and I had no choice but to move she never let go. We did grow apart as the time went by but still till now she looks for me.

I finish up my bath, rushing to gather myself together and get out. I need to call her instead of just sitting here texting. For a whole year I kept the Johnny situation a secret and it's time to fess up. Not like it's gonna disappear.

Like every other guy Johnny met Zoe and fell for her. They hit it off and shortly after meeting they started to date. It became serious, they lasted over a year and I eventually became the third wheel. But the downside of that was they ended on really bad terms and I was put in the middle of it, which really fucking sucks!