33. love & other words

present

present

I've been FaceTiming Johnny for over an hour while I got ready. First he insisted I showered while on the phone still, then again for me to get dressed and well I just might as well have stayed on the phone.

Tonight is a ladies night out. Violet's aunt Olivia is now very single and so she's taking us all out to an all girls party on a yacht. Very, very fancy. She said she's not quite ready to get back on the horse. Either way, like Vi, I'm here for moral support.

Christmas was two nights ago and it was a good time. I got to finally talk to Violets parents—Sabrina and Daniel—they were so sweet about everything and said that no matter what I was still keeping my room no matter what happened with this new/old family of mine.

Which I'm very grateful to them both.

After finally being done with curling my hair, I move on to my outfits. "Okay, babe which of these two do you think I should wear tonight?" I ask Jay, while holding both dresses up to the camera.

Johnny genuinely observes with caution both dresses. "Hmm," he pauses. "I think you need to try them both on."

I laugh. "Babe! Stop tryna get me to take my clothes off."

"Never!" He fires back playfully and I laugh again.

But he's right, I need to try them both on to see which one I'm most comfortable in. Both of them are way out of my comfort zone. They're gorgeous but it's not something I gravitate towards—but something in me just felt like I needed those two beautiful dresses. I guess it's time to expand my range in style.

"Alright, fine." I say. First I slip into the white dress and show him the heels I want to pair with it. "Okay so this white one I wanted to pair with these strappy heels... what do you think?"

Johnny sighs hard. "Baby, you look fucking gorgeous. I love that whole fit." He continues to compliment me, while I stand here and blush like some teenager. "Okay let's see the next one."

The second dress is probably my favorite one but also the one that's completely not my style. Not only is it very short and sparkly but it's backless and super low cut from the front.

But when I saw it, it just gave me—New York, Carrie Bradshaw, Sex And The City vibes and I had to have it. And now that I do, I'm low key afraid to wear it.

However, Johnny's face when he sees me, completely settles all doubts from me. His mouth is literally opened. "Jesus! Babe! That dress...you...my God!" And I chuckle at his stuttering. "Okay, so I don't wanna be 'that guy' but is there any chance you wanna save that dress for New Years?"

There go those butterflies again.

I love how he's always paid attention to what I wear. And now that we're together I love it even more that he wants me to save certain outfits for him and our dates specifically. Maybe it's not a big deal and I'm being dramatic but it means a lot to me.