48. a really good year

April

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

April

Yoga has never been on my favorites list. They say it's extremely therapeutic and good for relaxation—which is what I've been in need of lately. But mostly I'm just not big on the whole "working out" stuff so yoga will have to do.

And I have to admit that it has actually been helping me so much. My body actually feels nice and relaxed and even my mind.

These past months I'd been so damn busy and stressed about school, and my photography exhibition then also the Zoe situation that I forgot to take care of myself. I needed some much pampering and that's when I decided to do this yoga class.

I'm more than grateful to Violet for coming with me.

The instructor always starts the class off with some simple stretches and a nice positive message. Today we have some rain sounds playing, which most of us like. The first thirty minutes we do everything in silence, while we learn breathing techniques, which I have really learned to love.

The last thirty minutes, Violet and I always always practice different poses. Since she's already a ballerina, she knows a lot of this already but still I appreciate her company so much.

I let out a hard sigh.

Violet looks over at me, a small worry look in her eyes.

Vi has been watching me like a hawk. She thinks it's weird that I haven't had like a breakdown of some sort because of what happened with Zoe. That's cause she doesn't know everything that went down in Jays room after the Zoe incident.

After she hugged me, and I cried...oh, and Miguel made a joke to lighten the mood—she gave me some comforting words then sent me upstairs so I could talk to Johnny.

If I'm being honest, I was also surprised at my reaction to the Zoe fight. For a long time I was so worried of how all this would play out and even more scared that I would lose all those years of friendship. Then when it finally came and I saw the look of hatred in her eyes and all the horrible things she'd said to me, with no remorse...it was like this weight was lifted and all of a sudden I felt lighter.

Zoe will always be Zoe. And I still believe that in her own way she loved me. But she's a person who will no matter what hurt whoever she needs to, to get what she wants and that is something I can no longer have in my life.

I also need to put me first and be a little selfish with certain things.

Maybe that's why I never had an emotional breakdown or some sort depression phase. Because already she wasn't part of my life anymore so in reality, I'm not missing anything.

As sad as it sounds, there's not a void in my life now that she's out of it. Because in this very moment and part of my life, I'm completely content. I love this tiny town, my school and my classes. The new friends I have made. And one of the things I never thought would happen to me...did! I reunited with my dad and his family. The amount of happiness that it brings me is indescribable.