7. the importance of friendship

RIGHT before I graduated high school and left for college, I stopped talking to Alice

RIGHT before I graduated high school and left for college, I stopped talking to Alice. I had broke things off with Zoe and the shit that she had put me through I took it out on A. Which was unfair as fuck because none of it was her fault. 

We didn't argue or fight, I'm simply cut her off. Before that our friendship was legit. Nothing toxic about us. We always bickered but never argued or fought. And never serious about it either. That's just how we are.

But this feels different. Like somehow she's putting up a wall and distance. She kicked me out of her apartment the other morning and it's been five days since then. She hasn't called, texted, or even tried talking to me. That means I'm doing the same. We fell asleep together and it's not my fault that I was having morning wood. She definitely overreacted. But she's my best friend and I can't just lose all our years of friendship. I love her.

And if I have to be the bigger person then I will.

Morning classes dragged on forever. I'm in no mood to be in school today. But that's what I say almost every Friday. I'm ready for the game and then to relax for the weekend.

I couldn't get out of class fast enough. Literally, I was all but shoving people out of the way. It's about to be noon so I know that Alice will probably be getting some food at the dining hall right now before her last class of the day.

Sure enough, she is.

Violet and Miguel are sitting directly across from her. A smile plays on her face, as she talks with them. While a frown plays on mine. I was hoping she'd be alone.

I get in line to buy an iced coffee and a croissant then walk over to their table and grab the seat next to Alice. I'm not really hungry but anything to sit with her.

"What's up," Nonchalantly, I greet them all. I'm not sure if Vi knows what happened but both Miguel and her seem oblivious to us not talking. I didn't tell the guys anything. They tease me enough as it is.

Miguel nods. "Yo!" Greeting me back with a smile and a hand shake. While Violet smiles at me with a wave.

Alice tenses next to me but doesn't make it obvious. She simply smiles. I'm good with that. Better her acting like it didn't happen. I'm tired of us not speaking. Five days is too long.

I begin to unwrap my food while the girls continue their conversation about some cleansing smoothie they wanna try out.

"Okay, guys" Violet speaks up. "What are we doing for Halloween this year?"

Ugh. I forgot about that. It's next fucking week on a Wednesday! I hate when holidays like those land on weekdays. Those are going crazy partying all night type and when you have class in the morning—well it doesn't sound all that great.

Both years at Calvary the guys and I have all dressed up together. I'm not sure how that will work out this year if we add the girls or what now that Miguel has a girl. And well Alice too. Both of them are pretty much part of the crew now. Even Daisy. She's not around as much but everyone knows she's Miguel's best friend so no one fucks with her.