23. tell me those three magic words

present

present

The country club in Burlington allowed the school to host Casino Night. And they really outdid themselves with this set up.

We helped by creating the signs and putting some other decor together and everything turned out great.

It's a lot more packed than we anticipated, which is a good sign. Hopefully this works and we're able to raise a decent amount of money for the school.

The guys and I walk over to the bar to see the drink menu. We volunteered to help with set up and decorations, however, the girls volunteered to also lay a hand around here which means they won't be joining in on the action as much.

A few minutes later Violet walks in with Daisy and Alice. Our eyes automatically find each other's. The girls had insisted it was easier to just ride with D instead because they didn't wanna be rushed as they got ready. I thought it was her trying to avoid me but now looking at her, I can see she definitely took her time. She looks fucking gorgeous in a maroon mini dress, that accentuates her figure, and strap high heels. She has her hair down, parted to the side, with loose waves and one side tucked behind her ear.

My heart swells when she gives me a small smile and then gets abruptly taken away by one of the event coordinators.

I'm gonna choose to take that as a good sign.

And in that moment I'm almost super distracted to notice the looks being exchanged between Noah and Daisy. Which completely throws me off guard. For very many reasons. Number one being that Dee is far from his type—not because of her looks, Daisy is gorgeous and the sweetest—but because from my understanding she doesn't do flings and that's all Noah knows. Plus with things that happened in her past she's vulnerable. Also let's not mention that Miguel would be crushed if Noah, one of his best friends hurts her. Doesn't make sense.

Noah is many things but a disloyal friend is not one of them.

I brush it off, acting like I didn't even really see anything. For all I know it's just him checking her out cause she looks extra hot right now.

Miguel wanders up to his girlfriend, wrapping both of his hands around her waist, kissing her and she laughs at something he whispers to her. And boy am I glad that we are in a very public place. These two can't keep their hands off each other. You'd think the honeymoon phase was over but nope. Miguel and Violet keep saying not today.

They spot me and walk over to me. "Hey," Violet says and greets me with a side hug. "You boys look handsome tonight."

"Hey." And wrap my arm around her shoulder, hugging her back. "And we always look handsome woman, what's wrong with you."

She makes a playful face like she disagrees. "Ehh, y'all aight."

Miguel chuckles, taking her hand. "Let's go spend some money then."