Chapter 1

Hope's POV
It was now the first day of school, I was nervous mostly because I didn't have my best friend Cleo by my side. Cleo would normally help me talk to people but she had to go sign up for cheerleading. That means I'd have to talk to somebody alone. I see Landon and walk up to him.

H: Hey Lan.
La: Hey, how was your summer?
H: Let's walk and talk about this.

He nods and closes his locker. We started walking towards mine and we talked about our summers. My summer included mostly of hanging out with Cleo and her boyfriend. There's been times where I'd hang out with Landon but he'd always tell me to leave by the time his parents got home. Everyone says that Landon has a crush on me but I don't believe it. He's just a friend, and I'm not looking for anybody. Not ever sense my last relationship with Roman. Roman cheated on me, I should've known sense his reputation is him being a player. Landon has always made sure to keep me smiling and sometimes I think about if I like him more than a friend or not. He's always spent his time with me, making sure I'm taking care of myself. Once we reach my locker, Sebastian runs into Landon.

S: Watch it dork.
H: Sebastian, literally just stop. It's not cute what so ever.

Sebastian turns around and walks up to me. I stood my ground and smiled at him.

S: What'd you say?
H: You heard me. Everybody in this school knows all about how daddy has your back, right? That's the only reason you are a quarterback in the first place.
S: You better watch your mouth.
H: Or what? You gonna become abusive too?

I seen a couple people record me and Sebastian arguing in the halls. A teacher walks up and pulls Sebastian away. Landon looks at me surprised and then sees everyone recording. Everybody puts their phones down and walk off. I get into my locker and I put some things away. Landon hugs me and thanks me and runs off to class. I smiled at him as he walks away and I grab my books I head for first period.

-45 minutes later, class is over-

First class was boring, now I have to make my way onto my second. Landon catches up with me and Rafael is followed closely behind him.

La: Hey, Rafael is hosting this party. you should come.
H: I gotta study, maybe next time?
R: You'll meet two new girls Hope, come on. just go.
H: Okay I'll try.

Cleo comes up right beside me and the boys walk away. Cleo nudges into me and I stop walking.

C: I want you to meet a couple people from the cheerleading team. Come with.
H: You know I don't do crowds.
C: They're nice, plus it's only 2 people. Not a huge crowd.
H: I don't know, I gotta get to class. I'll think about it.
C: Okay, I'll go tell them. Have fun in class Hopey.

I nod and walk straight to my second class.

Cleo's POV
I walk straight to where I told the 2 cheerleaders to wait. Once I got to them, they look confused.

C: She said she'll think on it.
?: I thought you said we could meet her?
C: Lizzie, don't start. She'll meet you guys. I'll make sure of it.
L: Okay, well I gotta go. Bye Cleo.
C: Bye.

Lizzie walks away and Josie stays still. I look at her confused and she looks down.

J: Here's my number by the way.

She hands me a piece of paper and I give her a small smile. She walks off, catching up with her sister. I walk to my second class, which I was really late to.

-45 minutes later-

Josie's POV
The second class was over, this day was going by slow. I bumped into somebody on my way out of the class.