Chapter 12

Landon's POV
After my talk with Josie,  I walked into Maya. Maya stops me quickly and I try to push past her. She stops me and pins me up against a locker.

La: What do you want?
Ma: I need to get Hope back.
La: She's in love with Josie. I'm not helping you.
Ma: Please?
La: I'm not doing this. I'm happy for Hope and Josie so please just stay out of it. Let them be happy.

Maya rolls her eyes and punches me in the gut.

La: Ow fuck you!
Ma: Help me get Hope back.
La: No. You'll have to kill me before I do anything for you.
Ma: Yeah?

I nod and she pulls out a pocket knife. This bitch is insane. I see a teacher but they turn into another classroom. If only somebody walks out of a classroom.

Ma: I knew you'd say something like that so help me.
La: No.

I see Leo and he's behind Maya. He quickly grabs a sign looking thing. He smashes it up against her head. She drops to the floor. I quickly walked away from her.

La: Give me something.
Le: Like what?
La: A cloth?

Leo nods and grabbed a napkin from his pocket. I look at it in disgust and he rolls his eyes.

Le: I didn't use it.
La: Okay good.

I took the napkin and wrapped Maya's pocket knife in it without physically touching it. I only touched it with a napkin. I look at Leo and it seems like he understood whatever I was telling him. We both quickly made our way to the principals office. Dr. Saltzman opened the door.

La: Maya is insane.
Dr: What do you mean?

I show him the pocket knife and his eyes go wide. He drags us inside and runs to the intercom. He announces that the school is on lockdown. Dr. Saltzman picked up his phone and dialed 911. Finally we can get rid of Maya and Hope and Josie can go back to being in love without worrying. I placed the knife on the principals desk. I sat down and Leo sat down close by me.

La: Thanks for literally saving my life Leo.
Le: No problem man. I definitely didn't want to get haunted by you if I sat there and watched.
La: I could never do that.
Le: You literally beat me up because of your girlfriend.
La: Girlfriend?
Le: Hope isn't your girlfriend?
La: No. She's with Josie. You picked a fight with Josie a couple days after the football game dude.

Leo goes quiet and I chuckle which ended up making him chuckle.

La: I think you're just as delusion as Maya.
Le: Ouch that's not a compliment.
La: So you have a sense of humor? Wow that's new.

Leo playfully pushes me and Dr. Saltzman looks at us. We both went super quiet and the principal began to speak.

Dr: Go back to class. I'll handle Maya.
La: Thank you sir.

Leo and I both got up and walked out of the room. We see Maya looking pissed. We both make a run for a random classroom. Once we got in the classroom a teacher stopped talking.

Mrs: Ahem.
La: Sorry keep teaching.
Mrs: It's a lockdown what are you guys doing?
La: Running from a crazy person.
Mrs: Go hide under my desk.

We did as told and see Hope and Josie there, just chilling. I give them a small smile and then realize they're in the same classroom even if they didn't have the same classes then.

La: What are you guys doing here?
H: Who were you running from?
Le: Answer our question first.
J: When did you become buddies with someone you beat up.
La: He saved my life.
H: How?
La: I'll explain later. Look why are you guys here?