Chapter 19

Josie's POV

We finally got back from our walk in the forest. Hope puts up the flashlight and I walk to the kitchen. I grab a cup and poured some apple juice in the cup. I turn around and see Hope standing there.

J: Would you like a glass

H: No, I'm just waiting on you.

J: Go get ready for bed, I'll be there in a minute.

H: Are you sure?

J: Yeah, I don't have anything to worry about. Leo left, Landon is probably sleeping, and tomorrow will be our last day here.

H: I don't think I want to leave this place. There's so much beauty here, especially you mi amor.

I take a sip of my apple juice and smile. I look at Hope and she's looking down at the counter.

J: What's wrong?

H: When we go back, there will be so much drama and I don't want more drama.

J: Everything will be okay, I'll always be here with you. We got each other, that's all we really need. Nobody else matters, except for you.

H: Are you ready for bed now, beautiful?

J: Yeah, just give me a minute.

H: Okay, I'll wait for you.

I give Hope a small smile and she walks into the room. I drink the last of my apple juice and put the cup in the sink. I brush my teeth and walk into the room. Hope seems to be reading a book, I smile and grab pajamas.

H: You finally decided to come to bed.

J: Sorry I just had to get ready for bed. Which is what you should be doing as well.

H: I already got ready for bed, I just need to put on my pajamas.

J: But you're reading a book, not putting on pajamas.

Hope chuckles and puts the book down. She stands up and grabs her pajamas. I lay down in bed and Hope walks into the bathroom. I grab my own book and began to read. After a couple of minutes of waiting for Hope. I feel someone grab my book, I laid the book down and seen Hope.

H: Are you ready for bed, love?

J: Yeah, just gotta finish up this chapter.

H: How many more pages do you have left?

J: I have about four left to read.

Hope takes the book away from me and puts the bookmark in the book. She looks at me and shuts the book. I give her a slight frown and she laughs a tiny bit.

J: What's so funny?

H: You really want to finish this book?

J: Yes I do.

H: You can finish it tomorrow, right now is sleep time.

Hope walks over to the side of her bed and lays the book on her end table. I give Hope the puppy dog look and she smiles. I decide to get comfortable and Hope wraps an arm around me. I smile and snuggle closer into her.

H: I love you Josette.

J: I love you too Hope.

After a while of silence I began to fall asleep. I knew Hope would fall asleep soon, I just didn't know when.

Hope's POV

I could tell Josie fell asleep, I on the other hand couldn't sleep. I pulled my phone out and began to message Cleo. I haven't really talked to her in a good while. I feel a little bad about it but I know she's having fun with Lizzie.

-Text Messages-

H: Hey Cleo, it's been a couple days since I've heard from you. How are things with Lizzie.

Cl: Things are good, Lizzie has been pacing back and forth a lot lately. It has something to do with Josie though. Is Josie okay? Did something bad happen to you guys?

H: Josie and I are good. What makes you think we aren't?

Cl: Apparently Josie hasn't texted or called Lizzie. Lizzie says that, that isn't like Josie at all.

H: Josie is fine. She's probably just tired of having to deal with Leo and me bickering.

Cl: What's going on between you two?

H: Just a couple of fights.

Cl: Please tell me you didn't try to kill the guy.

H: He defiantly had to get stitches after but he didn't go to the hospital.

Cl: Why'd you fight him?

H: He tried to make it seem like Josie cheated on me by almost kissing her and I don't know, something just took over and I almost beat him to death.

-After Text-

I feel Josie move around, I lift my arm up and she immediately brought it back down. I smile and hold Josie closer to me. I feel my phone vibrate on my lap, I put my phone on the end table/night stand. Josie lifts her head up and we make eye contact.

J: I should probably text Lizzie back.

H: You should but get some rest. You can get back to her tomorrow.

J: She's pacing around Hope. I have to text her back now.

H: Where's your phone then?

J: I- I don't know. Could I use yours?

H: Of course, here.

I hand her my phone and she takes it. She opens Lizzie's and mine's messages and texts her. She sits up while texting Lizzie and I lay my head on her lap. Josie runs her fingers through my hair. I smile and began to fall asleep. Josie hands me back my phone and I place it back on the night stand.

J: Cleo messaged you again.

H: That's fine, let's get some sleep.

J: Okay, goodnight Hope.

H: Goodnight Jo.

We lay back down in our original position. Josie stays snuggled up to me and I smile to myself. How did I get so lucky, I always seem to ask myself that question whenever I go to sleep with her in my arms. After awhile I feel my eyes start to close. Josie has already fallen asleep. After fighting to stay awake, I fell asleep. I don't ever want to leave this place, it feels like home.