Chapter 5

Josie's POV
I woke up early in the morning, to my mom shaking me. I sat up and she sat down next to me. I looked at her confused.

C: I'll be going out on a trip. It's business related, I trust you'll take good care of the house while I'm gone. Also no parties.
J: What about dad?
C: He stays the night in the school 24/7.
J: Why?
C: I don't know. I'll be back by your birthday.
J: That's in like 6 days.
C: You'll be okay. Just call me whenever you need me. I'll answer right away.
J: Okay, have fun.
C: It's business sweetie, nothing fun about that.
J: Well just try to have fun.

She nods and walks out of my room. I got up out of bed and got ready for school. After getting ready for school, I walk downstairs. I see mom making breakfast as usual. Lizzie comes downstairs and we all sit at the table to enjoy breakfast. After we ate, mom left. Which meant me and Lizzie were alone for 6 days.

L: Let's have this amazing party.
J: Okay, as long as it doesn't get to dads ears then we'll be fine.
L: It definitely won't. Let go to school.

I nod and we grabbed our bags. We walked out to our cars and drove to school. Once we got to school, Lizzie went off to find someone. I don't know who, nor do I ask who. I walk to my locker and see Hope and Landon talking in the halls. I give them a warm smile and make my way to my locker. Once I got to my locker, I opened it and someone slammed it shut. I looked at the short person and it was Leo.

J: What's up?
Le: I thought we were friends Josie.
J: I never got an application to be your friend Leo. Just go to class.
Le: No, I have a problem with you.
J: Okay, and have a problem with me. I don't care right now.

I opened my locker again and he slammed it shut.

J: What do you want!?
Le: I want you to fuck off Josette. You stole my future girl from me!
J: I didn't do shit Leo! Now go bother somebody else with your bullshit!

Everybody was staring at us, Leo ran off. I shook my head and opened my locker once again. I shoved my bag in there and grabbed some books. I slammed my locker shut this time and walked to class. I ignored everyone's eyes on me and once I got to class everyone looked at me.

J: What does everyone want? Just pay attention to class or something.

Everyone's eyes darted straight back to the board and I sat down in my seat. Class was starting and Cleo arrived late. She quickly sat next to me and her hair was a mess.

J: What happened to you?
C: Boyfriend.
J: Did he take a blow dryer and shove it in your hair to make it that messy?

She chuckled but I couldn't find the energy to chuckle. After writing down notes for almost every single class, it was now lunch time. I walked into the lunchroom and somebody pinned me up against a wall. It was Leo and he brought back up as well.

J: Not this again. You're a real pain in the ass Leo.
Le: You fucking suck.

I roll my eyes at him. This was exhausting.

J: Honestly I don't know what you want from me but back the fuck down.

I see Lizzie, Cleo, Landon and Mg all pop up behind him and his friends. His friends turned around and they darted off. Leo let go of me and ran off with his friends as well.

L: Is everything okay?
J: Just making a new enemy, nothing new.

I shrugged it off as if it was something daily. Which it wasn't, I was overall nice to everyone I met. I look over and see Hope standing by everyone. She seemed confused. I sat down at a random empty table, hoping to be alone. It didn't work, Lizzie and Cleo sat by me.