Chapter 4

Hope's POV
It was now the next morning, I woke up and seen Josie was still sleeping. I got up and got ready for school. Normal routine even if it's at a different house. After getting ready, I seen Josie waking up.

J: What time is it?
H: It's around 7 in the morning.

Josie laid back down on the bed and I opened the door. I see Landon making breakfast. I walked up to him and sat down in a chair.

La: Good morning, are you ready for school?
H: Definitely something like that. Where's Mg and Lizzie?
La: They already left and Raf is working out. He doesn't have a first period so he works out and does all his morning stuff.
H: Oh okay.
La: Where's Josie?
H: She's still laying in bed.
La: When will she come out and join us for breakfast.

I look over at the door frame and seen Josie standing there. She had her arms crossed.

J: What's for breakfast Landon?

Landon jumped up a little bit and I chuckled. Josie walked over and sat by me.

La: Here's breakfast.

He made everyone a plate except for himself. I looked at him confused and he shrugged.

La: I'm going to school now.
H: We actually need a ride so could you stay?
La: Oh yeah of course Hope.

We ate our breakfast and got into Landon's car. We drove to the school.

Josie's POV
We got to school and Landon parked the car. He kept wanting to do donuts in the parking lot. Once he parked the car, I quickly got out. I didn't stand around, I walked straight to the school. I went to my locker and seen Penelope standing by it.

J: What do you want?
P: Why so much attitude?
J: Are you being serious? You broke up with me Friday night.
P: I made a mistake.
J: I don't want to hear it.

I opened my locker and Penelope kept talking. After I got my stuff for class, I walked quickly to it. I didn't want to hear about anything at that moment. Lizzie sat down next to me and kept talking about Mg.

L: Mg has really good magic tricks. We should try being his friend.
J: What happened to not being friends with "losers".
L: Screw that, they're more fun then some jocks.
J: When is the next game?
L: I don't know. We'd have to talk to Cleo.
J: We will after class.

Lizzie nods and we went back to paying attention to class. After class, I walked back to my locker. This time Landon was standing there.

La: So is everything okay?
J: Yeah, I just need to catch up on some school work.
La: Mhm okay, well see ya at lunch.
J: Maybe.
La: What do you mean maybe?
J: I might go to the library to study.
La: For what?
J: A recent test coming up. I can't fail it.
La: Oh okay. See ya later.
J: Mhm.

Landon walked off and Cleo and Lizzie come up to me. I got my books for my second class and walked with them. I seen Hope looking at me and I quickly avoided her gaze. Lizzie and Cleo kept talking about the game.

J: When is the game?

They stopped walking and looked at me confused.

J: What?
L: Have you not been listening?
J: I have, I'm just curious.
C: Well we said the game is happening tonight so you better be focused.
J: All we do is sit on the stands. Why would I need to be focused on the game?
C: Because Sebastian quit, which means his little Center will be opened. Coach wants you and Lizzie to be the quarterback and center. Lizzie has a good arm so she'll be quarterback and you'll be center.
J: Wait, why?
L: Why not. The first girls on the team.
J: Okay so what's the plan?
C: You guys will turn in your uniforms, and pick up jackets for the football teams.