Chapter 9

Josie's POV
It was now the middle of the day. School was going by slowly. Lunchtime was now beginning. As I walk through the halls to get to lunch, I see Mg and another girl making out. He had a crush on Lizzie so it was weird to see him making out with someone. He'd always talk about Lizzie. I ignore it and walk into the lunchroom. I grabbed my food and sat down with Landon, Hope, Rafael, Lizzie, Cleo, and Kaleb. Everything has changed now. Everybody sits with whoever they want, nobody cares about the "rules". It was nice for a change.

Landon kept talking about some party, I didn't really hear any of it because I kept zoning out. Cleo and Lizzie were off in their own world, flirting, basically anything. Mg finally showed up and he had some smeared lipstick on his lips. Kaleb left the table, probably annoyed of all the commotion. Rafael got up and walked to some girl. Hope was eating and trying to talk to everyone in the table. Lunch was pretty talkative, I would say. I just sat still and listened to every conversation going on. Hope looked at me and I looked at her.

H: Is everything okay?
J: Mhm.

Everyone was still talking. They went on with whatever was going on. Hope placed her hand on my thigh.

H: Are you sure?
J: Mhm. Just listening to everyone.
H: I have something for you.
J: Oh yeah? Like what?
H: You'll just have to find out.

I playfully roll my eyes and she kissed my cheek. I smile and went back to eating my food. She kept her hand on my thigh and continued talking to everyone else. I felt Lizzie staring at me.

J: Lizzie?
L: Josie.
J: Why are you staring at me?
L: Just trying to figure out what you and Hope are talking about.
J: I wouldn't worry about it. You seem to have your hands all tied up with Cleo.

Everyone went quiet and looked at Lizzie. Lizzie and Cleo were holding hands. Lizzie and Cleo both had blush creeping up their necks. Everybody laughed at Lizzie and Cleo being caught. Hope took her hand away from my thigh and I looked at her. Everyone went back to talking about whatever.

J: Why?
H: Why what love?
J: Why'd you take your hand away?
H: Did you want me to keep it there?

I nod and she gives me a small smile. Hope put her hand back on my thigh. I went back to eating the last of my food. So did Hope. Everyone else finished before us, even though they were talking. Somebody walked up to our table and Cleo and Hope seemed shocked.

?: Miss me?
Cl: Maya? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Paris?
Ma: Wasn't as fun as messing around with Hopey here.
Cl: Maya I think you should leave.

Everyone turned to look at Cleo, who was now standing. My heart sank a little bit after seeing Maya.

J: I should get going.

I gave them a fake smile, I grabbed my tray and walked off. After taking care of my tray, I walked to my locker.

Hope's POV
Josie got up and left. I quickly stood up to follow her but Maya grabbed onto my hand. Cleo grabbed onto Maya's arm.

Cl: Let go Maya.
Ma: Why?
Cl: Hope doesn't want you anymore. Don't you get that? She's never called or texted you, right?
Ma: Right, where is this going?

Everyone turned to look at me. I took my hand back quickly. Cleo signaled to me to tell Maya everything. I nod back at her.

H: I moved on Maya. I've found someone better.
Ma: Who?
H: Josie.
Ma: Josie who?
H: Josie Saltzman.

Maya seemed heartbroken, I turned around and finally ran after Josie. I'm not letting her get away. I'll do everything to fight for her. Maya coming back was horrible. I got to Josie's locker and seen she was standing there with her locker wide open.