Chapter 2

Hope's POV
It was now the next morning, I get up and get dressed. After getting dressed, I go downstairs and eat breakfast with my family. Cleo arrives early this morning, normally she wants to be late to school. After eating I walk out of my house and go to Cleo's car. I sit in the passenger seat and Cleo turns around and I see Josie.

Josie gives me a small smile and I return it. I have some questions for Cleo but I'll ask them later. After a long drive to school, we all got out of the car. Cleo starts walking away and I feel a hand grab my wrist. I turn around and Josie stands there.

H: What's up?
J: Why weren't you at the party?

I completely forgot that I told her that I might go to the party. How could I have forgotten? It shouldn't be that hard to forget.

H: Parties aren't really my thing, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I also didn't have your number or I would've told you.
J: Okay, just wanted to know. You missed some interesting stuff last night.
H: Well let's walk to class and talk about it, shall we?

Josie nods and I give her a small smile. We started walking towards the school. She talked about how Cleo made out with some guy that wasn't her boyfriend. Then she went quiet and stopped walking.

H: Hey, what's wrong?
J: Oh, nothing. Just remembered something from last night.
H: You wanna talk about it?
J: Maybe after school when we hang out. If that's okay?
H: It's definitely okay, take you time to open up to me. I don't want to rush you into trusting me like that.
J: Thanks for understanding.

Josie gave me a small smile and we start walking to the school again. Once we got into the building, I walk away from her. I know the rules with the cheerleaders and everything. Cheerleaders can't get caught with walking with the "nerds" and my friends. She probably doesn't know any of it because she grabs my hand and walks to a empty classroom.

J: Why'd you try to separate from me?
H: There are rules.
J: What rules?
H: My friends and I can't walk with the cheerleaders.
J: Why?
H: I don't know, ask Sebastian.
J: Okay, well can I tell you a little secret?
H: Yeah sure, what's up?

She looks around as if it's a very serious secret. I get a little nervous even though nobody is around. She leans in and she whispers into my ear.

J: I don't care about the rules.

She pulls away from her spot and I look down at our hands. We are now holding hands, I look back up to her.

H: You're a rebel, you know?
J: Yeah. Now I'm gonna walk you to your locker and you'll just have to deal with it.
H: I don't know if that's a good idea Saltzman.
J: Well Mikaelson I don't care. Now lead the way to your locker.

I loosen my hands but she's still holding them. I look down at them and she follows my gaze.

J: I'm not letting go either.
H: Why?
J: Why not.

I playfully roll my eyes and we walk to my locker. Landon comes up to us and talks about the party.

H: I'm glad you had fun Lan.
La: Me too.
J: I should get going, see you after school Hope.
H: Bye Jo.

Josie walks off with a smile. I look back to my locker and smile. Landon notices this and nudges me.

La: You got a crush?
H: No, she's just a friend. Plus you know the rules Lan. She can't date somebody like me, like us I mean.
La: She seems like she doesn't care about them.
H: She's in a relationship with Penelope as well. I'm not gonna become some home-wrecker.
La: Whatever you say, let's go to class.

I nod and we walk off to our first class. He kept talking about the party and how there was almost a fight. I nod at everything he says so he thinks I'm listening. My mind goes somewhere else at that moment and I have this big smile on my face. I keep thinking about Josie and how she apparently doesn't care for the rules.