Chapter 13

Josie's POV
I seen Hope sitting on my bed, I give her a small smile and she stood up. We met halfway in my room and hugged. After we pulled away from the hug, I broke the silence.

J: This is a surprise.
H: I asked your mom what was going on and she told me so I decided to come surprise you guys. Is Lizzie okay?
J: She should be for now.
H: Where is she right now?
J: The couch with Cleo.
H: Come with me.

Hope walked off and out of my room. I followed behind. She walked out of the house and to her car. I look at her confused and she takes out an essential oil diffuser.

H: It'll help her stay calm and at peace for the most part. It'll help with the panic attacks.
J: I'm sure she'll love it.

Hope carries it inside and I help grab the oils. We walked into the living room and set it down carefully in front of Lizzie.

Lizzie's POV
Josie and Hope brought in a box and a little baggy. I give them a confused look and Hope sits on the beanbag chair.

J: Hope got it for you.
L: Thank you Hope. What is it?

Josie looks at Hope, so does Cleo. I look at Hope as well and Josie sits down on her lap. Hope wraps her arm around Josie.

H: It's a essential oil diffuser with oils that'll help you with your panic attacks. It'll keep your mind at ease for awhile.
L: Thank you Hope. I appreciate it.
H: No problem.

I give Hope a small smile and I asked Cleo to help me take up the diffuser and oils. After setting everything up, Cleo and I cuddled up and watched movies on my laptop.

Hope's POV
Lizzie and Cleo left the room, Caroline came in after they left. Caroline sat down on the couch and Alaric followed in.

Ca: We have news.
H: Should Lizzie be here then?
Ca: Alaric will tell her. Can you go please?
A: Sure.

He got up and walked to the stairs. He took a minute to walk up the stairs but Caroline told him to go. He disappeared up the stairs.

J: Mom, what's going on?
Ca: Me and your dad decided it was best to split.
J: You guys were never technically married.
Ca: He wants to get his own house and he wants to know if you'd go with him.
J: Could I stay here?
Ca: If you want to, this is your decision honey.
J: Let me think on it.
Ca: Okay, think hard.

Lizzie came running down the stairs and hugged Caroline. I looked at Josie and she looked down at the floor. I rubbed circles on her back to help make her calm.

L: I want to stay with dad. If that's okay?
Ca: Of course it is sweetie. You'll visit right?
L: Of course. What did Josie choose?
Ca: She's thinking on it.

Lizzie and Caroline looked at Josie. It was silent for a minute but Josie decided to speak up.

J: Could I stay with Hope for a little while until I thought it all out?
Ca: If that's alright with Klaus and everyone else then yes it'll be okay.
J: Okay.

Josie looked at me and I give her a small smile. I pull my phone out and text the family group chat.

-Texts-
H: Could Josie stay for a little while?
Ha: Of course honey, what's going on?
Kl: She can stay for however long she wants.
Ko: As long as I get to spend time with her then yes.
R: Of course!
F: Keelin and I want to spend time with her by the way.
H: Josie will speak to you guys later, just don't bother her about it. Make her feel at home for a while.
Ha: You got it sweetie.
-After texts-

I looked back up at everyone in the room. Caroline spoke first.

Ca: So what'd they say?
H: They said she can stay for however long she wants.
J: Wait, really?
H: Mhm.
J: I'll go pack some clothes then.
H: Okay, I'll be up there in a minute.