Chapter 29

Hope's POV

We all got back to the cars. I didn't see Elijah or Marcel around us. I knew they were still down there with my dad. I heard an explosion and Marcel and Elijah made it back to the cars. Elijah came up to me.

El: We need to go before the police come.

H: What about my dad?

El: He'll meet us at home.

H: He could've died and that's all you have to say!?

El: He wants the best for you, come on. Let's go home, now.

H: I'm not leaving my dad.

El: Hope, get in the car.

H: No.

St: Hope, listen to him.

H: You guys can go. Elijah, you made up the pact about always and forever with my dad. You guys taught me that, you never leave the people you love behind. That's what you'll be doing if you leave my dad.

El: Always and Forever was made up, nobody stayed true to it Hope. Now get in the damn car!

H: No! I'm not leaving him behind.

El: He's dead Hope! He's not coming back.

H: I'm not leaving until I see a body, so go down there and search for yourself to show me if he's really dead.

El: Fine stay here and get caught by the cops.

Everybody got in their cars, Josie stood by me and Kol finally arrived. He ran up to me and Josie and seen smoke.

Ko: What did I miss?

H: An explosion.

Ko: Wait what. We need to leave, Hope.

H: I'm not going anywhere without my dad.

Ko: He's in the smoke?

H: Somewhere.

Ko: Josie get her into the car and keep her from the fire. I'll be back.

J: Where are you going?

Ko: To rescue her crazy ass dad.

Josie nods and made me get in the car. She got in with me and she locked the doors.

J: Is everything okay?

H: Besides my family leaving my dad behind, yeah I'm fine.

J: We don't even know if he got away from the grenade in time.

H: My dad is like a literal cockroach, you can never get rid of him.

J: What do you mean?

H: He got into this really bad car crash awhile ago, he should've died but the doctors said he survived and it was a miracle.

J: He must've at least lost some memory, right?

H: No, he came out perfectly fine. Well actually he had a couple broken bones but that was it.

J: At least he's alive.

H: Yeah.

Kol's POV

I walked to the back of the school. The field was completely dug out. Whatever happened, it wasn't good. I looked around and see a man leaning against a tree, holding his side. I walked closer to him, taking very cautious steps.

Ko: Klaus!?

The man turned to look at me, I stopped moving and the guy limped towards me. Once he got closer, I realized it was Klaus. I ran up to him and he fell onto the ground. I helped him up and he groaned in pain.