.1

| Eleanor |

"Don't move!"

I nearly made the poor guy jump up several inches in the air. He had a huh? face on. His eyes went wide behind those specs as he looked around for the source of the voice.

Yeah, I do that.

Alot.

Startling poor people.

Hitching my backpack up on my shoulder, I walked towards the quacking guy and the second he saw me—

I waved my hand and gave him my best dimpled smile.

"Yo! What's up? Sorry for being a banshee but see right there," I paused and pointed at the ground , " you would have walked all over the poor guy."

He glanced down and realization dawned on his freckled face. He nodded wildly as if being thankful for my scream sesh.

"Shit. .is it okay though?" He asked, now sounding worried.

Humanity was alive!

"I'm glad our sentiments match." I grinned , moving towards the tiny helpless bird. It was trying to fly away with a broken wing. Seeing me approaching, it tried to move it's busted wing . .scared. The little guy kept staring at the sky in a helpless manner.

Slowly, I kneeled on the rough ground and carefully took the birdie in my palm.

It gave a soft cry.

"There there now. ." I cooed , trying to soothe it.

"He needs a doctor." The guy , who was standing over my head and watching me with a wary face , said.

I shook my head slightly.

"All he needs is me."

Standing up, I tried to be as careful as I could and started to walk . The freckle face was kind enough to offer me his help. .but I declined.

I mean, it's not like I was carrying a hippopotamus.

I knew what to do with it's wing. I had fixed many kinds and types of wings. Well , came with the territory because my house was right beside a jungle so my fixing nature had evolved with it.

You know, fixing broken stuff.

Something about seeing the broken thing being fixed back / fly back / stand back. .it gave me immense amount of happiness and . .my heart got filled with joy.

Yes I had plenty of people telling me that i shouldn't be so helping or I would end up getting hurt one of these days  because apparently we don't know whose hiding behind the sheep clothing.

I have read all the horrible stories about how people like me tends to be the loneliest in the end but to me all of these stories are made up just to scare people like me. I'm in no way a goody two shoe, alright maybe I'm, but I don't have the capability in me to shut my eyes when people or any specie is in trouble.

Sucks to be me.

"It's okay ,little guy. .," I rubbed the top of it's head and it sighed softly, closing it's beady eyes and purring.

Must be a hard day for it.

After that I kinda zoomed past like a vampire to my apartment , zapping the bird with a tiny cast on it's wing, I rushed back to the campus ground again. First day of college and my nature got the best of me.

I was late.

I wish I could say , the campus was beyond my imaginations but it wasn't.

Just an old rickety building tucked away at the corner of our town, Devous. How do people describe their college as a place straight out a movie?