.9

| Eleanor |

Sprawled lazily on the campus ground, Willow had her head in my lap while I tried not to gag at her gooey eyes.

But in my heart, I was happy for her. The bright smile, the twinkle in her eyes. .oh yeah! Girl got bit by the love bug!

Pretty damn hard!

"—he's a total gentleman. Hand holding and all that jazz. El, I think I found the one." She confessed.

What?

"Hold your horses, missy! You did not find the one okay? It's too early for that." I warned shaking my head.

She frowned looking up at me.

"How do you know it's too soon? It happens when it happens." She shrugged.

I widened my eyes. "One measly date cannot give you anything. It's not that he's a gentleman. Its just that he had to be a gentleman so. . . he can get in your pants." I added dryly.

She sat up, her curly hair full of grass.

"He don't seem—feel like that. .he was nice and kind and—"

"He could be a two faced for all we know."

She whipped her neck at me.

"That's mean. .but. .yeah I guess. You make sense. Kinda. ." Her voice was low.

"Thank God my friend climbed down from the 9th cloud." I mocked. And . .well she looked dejected. Like I killed her puppy.  So I dropped my dry witty sarcasm.

"Listen, you have plenty of dates to judge the guy alright? All I'm saying is. .don't go too far on the first frickin date, Willow. It's too too soon, love." I tried to make my voice as soft as it could go.

Kinda hard for a person like me.

She nodded absently.

I sighed in relief and patted her back in a daz my gal! manner.

I didn't want her to be heartbroken because Mark didn't turn out to be the person he pretended to be on first date and . .maybe he actually was what he portrayed yesterday? But the thing with men was. .you gotta be careful.

The prince is hidden in an army of frogs.

Speaking of prince. .

You have a name fit for a queen but you don't sound like one.

I gritted my teeth.

The whole night I kept changing my sides because of one man who couldn't keep his mouth shut and say thanks! That hot—no! That thing didn't even bother to utter any gratitude.

He acted like he just had a rough day and that was it.

That son of a —

"Hey there!"

A chirpy male voice said from over our heads.

Who could be this chirpy in the morning?

My eyes went from his pointed shoes to his pants and shirt—

"Mark." I deadpanned.

"Redhead." He nodded in acknowledgement.

Willow's face turned beet red when his eyes shifted to her. The guarded look morphed into a neutral smile.

"Am I interrupting?" He asked from her.

She opened her mouth.

"Yeah." I said.