.14

| Eleanor |

I was. . speechless.

Standing in front of the elegant building, I ogled at its pristine lights and . .the building looked like Cindy Crawford! No shit! If Cindy was a building, this would be it.

The white lights were hitting it's glass, causing a beautiful reflection. Harrison Building stamped on top of the entrance in cursive letters. Two guards stood on either side of the golden gate, guns locked by their waist as they chatted together.

They hadn't spotted me yet.

"This is it. No chickening out, Eleanor." I whispered as one of the beefy guy caught me. Instantly his bushy eyebrows knotted together and the other fell silent.

Okay. . .

"Here goes nothing. ."

Determined , I marched towards the building. They continued to look at me curiously, their hands hovering  over their guns.

Climbing the three marble stairs , I skidded to a halt when I reached them. One of them purposely crossed his meaty arms in order to intimidate me.

Ah, they didn't know me now did they?

"What's up?" I had a stunning smile on my face which they didn't return.

Understandable.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" One of them asked in a high voice like I was deaf or something.

"Keep it down, Shaw." The other said hurriedly.

Okay, I was on this guy's team.

"Guess Shaw didn't get his paycheck or something." I said to the other.

He gave me a light smirk.

"He just joined daddy's club." He cracked and the both of us grinned except brooding Shaw.

"Brody, shut the fuck up. She may be a criminal for all we know." His black eyes glanced over my body like I was hiding a missile.

"A criminal? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. " Even if i was, I'm sure you guys can take me in a jiffy."

"That makes sense." Good ol Brody nodded.

But Shaw simply glared.

Who took his cake?

"Okay guys. Enough of the chit chat. I have to go in, Brody." I glanced at him pointedly not acknowledging the other.

"Sure thing—,"

"No!" Shaw snarled. "You're a stranger! You don't belong in this building! Identify yourself!"

Patience , Eleanor. .

He's missing out on sleep. . patience. .

I took in a deep breath.

"I'm Ryan's Harrison's. . girlfriend." I dropped the G.

Shocking them and myself.

Did I really. . .?

"If you didn't allow me in, I can kick you off your job, you know. Your choice." I said completely faking it while examining my nails in a mock manner.

Brody whispered to him and he grunted back.

I did see Shaw taking a step back from the entrance.

"Alright ,miss. In you go and give our regards to Mr Harrison." Brody said with a smile.

Employees with a smile were my favorite!

"I sure will!" I couldn't believe my lie worked so fast .

Like bibity bobaty bo!

Slipping in the building , I called the lord of the heavens to help me out.

To make Ryan stay in my life.

××××××××××××

Whoever said luxury apartments were easy to find didn't step into this one. It was like a maze! Grand staircases were curled around the building like a giant golden snake. Everytime I was asked of my identity, I would drop the G bomb and they would go their merry way.

I had no idea why.

After twenty minutes, I was able to locate the damn apartment. It had Ryan's name all over it the second I saw it. The apartment was like him. Sleek and dark. . .the door was chocolate brown with a sleek plate stuck to it.

It had Apartment # 6 written.

Truth be told, my hands were clammy and I really was chickening out. I wanted to back off. Hyperventilation greeted me.

Come on! Do it!

Lets not overthink!

Closing my eyes, I raised my hand  and knocked thrice.

I waited for a minute . .

And knocked again.

This time louder.

Just when I was about to contemplate kicking at the door, it flew open and . .holy moly shit!

Ryan stood all in his shirtless glory. His lean body on display.

Nothing but pants on.

The hair wet like he just took shower , his skin glistening with droplets of water—

Look up! Look up!

His blue eyes got widened at seeing me standing on the threshold. I thought he would hug me or say something good but—

"What the fuck. . .," He trailed off.

"It's Eleanor actually." I blurted out, getting so freaking nervous.

I wiped my nose in front of this guy! How dare I get fussy and nervous?!

The surprise in his eyes morphed into. . .annoyance? Anger?

"It's 1:00 AM! What the fuck Eleanor! It's a god damn night!" With every syllable his voice turned  high.

"I don't care I had to—"

He cut me off.

"You don't care?! The fuck you care! What was so important that you jeopardize your safety! Fucking shit!" He pushed his hand in his hair, frustrated.

Alright! Enough of sweet Eleanor!

My skin visibly bristled at his tone and I had no idea why but I wanted to cry right there! He had never ever used that tone on me! I was not so tough after all!!

How could a change in tone affect me so much?

"I came here to apologize! To get you back into my life! Get back in my life because your shitty existence makes life so much more better! Your calm voice stomps down my anxiety and —," Oh Lord! I could feel my nose burning up ," I-I don't feel so lonely when you're around. . ."

Oh my God!

I had big fat tears blurring out his vision! I was sniffling! My cheeks had turned into a scarlet shade of red! The height of embarrassment that I had touched could never be challenged by anyone!

Hastily, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

Seeing him looking at me like never before.

And then he moved towards me.

His bare arms went around me. . crushing me gently into his chest, the woodsy scent of his body wash hitting my nose. .I felt his hand cupping the back of my head while I let the dam break . Let the water fall. .let it all out. .

He felt so good.

"You keep catching me in my worse states ever." I tried to make the situation light.

He chuckled in my hair.

"I'll take it as a compliment and. . . you look beautiful in every state , Eleanor."

×××××××××××××××