.5

| Eleanor |

I winced.

Knowing well i was dead meat.

I heard his voice right from behind and I still had the evidence of my crime lying in the palm of my hand.

Slowly, oh so slowly, I stood up. . dropping the now useless wire on the ground and then with a brave face . .I turned at him.

I shouldn't have.

It was him.

The one acting like he didn't hear me or see me , the one who broke a girl's heart—

Hair messy, dark eyes stared at me. The silent hostility in them reminding me of thunder bolts in the sky. Some people had the kind of stare that just made you blurt out stuff. .like i did. .

"I. . I didn't do it." I rushed.

My face went hot at the white lie. I knew it matched my face.

His gaze slipped to the the cut off wire and then back at me.

"It was there when I came! I swear!" I lied straight away seeing his jawline protrude, his full mouth pressing into a hard line.

"When you had the guts to cut it up, have the courage to accept it too." He said it with contempt.

His open contempt irked me.

Crossing my arms, I jutted out my jaw.

"Yeah I did it. Sue me."

His face didn't let away any emotion.

"I would but shameless people can't be sued." He cracked a smile , a condescending smile, that hit on my nerves.

Shameless?!

Pot calling the kettle black!!

Before i could control my filter less mouth—

"Well, I'm not the one frolicking at a library. " I mocked not at all liking his blank canvas face.

No shock, no anger. Nothing.

I decided to add more insult to the injury. Him not showing any emotion had me push on him further! I was stubborn like that.

"Did I hit a nerve?" I asked batting my eyes. I had no idea why I was egging him on.

He smiled , a winning smile. .the blue of his eyes darkening.

"Darling ,you have to get in my bed to own that kind of privilege."

I swallowed down the urge to hit him.

"Awww , do you take me for Megan?" I let slip another piece of information. It was enthralling that I had dirt on him.

"Do you want me to?" He counter attack left me like a fish out of water.

The way he was looking at me. .like he could see behind my clothes. .under my soul. .it was overwhelming me and pissing me off.

No man had ever looked at me like he knew all my secrets!

"Can you stop selling yourself every single second, whore?"

His dark eyes flared brightly and my heart felt a rush of .  . satisfaction.

"Define whore." He said in the most casual voice in the world. Like he had all the time in the world.

What was this hot guy doing arguing with me?

And why was I entertaining his used ass?

I crossed my arms and pretended to think.