Wagging

Peter's POV

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! My alarm goes off and I hit it a little too hard. Ugghh, I finally just slept and really don't have the energy to go to school. I open up my computer and search for spider bites, I have a clear perception of the spider, having that it won't seem to get out of my head. I check nearly twelve websites that all claimed that the spider is harmless, so if it isn't the spider doing this, what was it? 

Then I remember that the spider that bit me, it had still been on me from when we left the lab, those weren't normal spiders...were they? What am I saying! Of course, the spiders didn't cause this! I am not about to let myself believe that I have somehow got powers from a damn bug, that's crazy. I am just a regular kid, I don't need any distractions right now. I go to shut down the laptop when I see that the keys are missing from the keyboard. I look at my hands, and unironically, there they are.

Holy shit.

I make my way to the bathroom slowly making sure I don't break the whole door down while I'm at it. I go to flush the toilet, and the button shatters. Ok, something is definitely wrong with me.   I feel a tingling sensation and somehow sense someone stroll into my room, "I'm in here!" I shout.

 I notice I smell bad and I want to have a shower but I don't have any more time to waste, school starts in twenty minutes. I grab my toothpaste and I'm hoping this is my toothbrush, I can barely lift my eyelids. I squeeze just a little and the paste spurts out onto the mirror. Meh, whatever I give up at this point. 

I reach for the tap and the water gushes out fast, I try to block it with the shower curtain but it is soaking wet.

 "Is everything alright in there?" My aunt asks.

 "Uh yeah, um everything's great! Don't come up!" I reply.

I try and block the water with towels and my hair touches the paste on the mirror in the process. I grab the handle of the tap and smash it back on, clenching my eyes shut hoping it will work. It does. "Haha, woo!" I shout before slipping and falling on my back against the hard floor. 

"Ow."

 I head to get dressed but found it a bit difficult to find matching socks and a suitable shirt

 I head to get dressed but found it a bit difficult to find matching socks and a suitable shirt. I couldn't seem to locate my glasses, "I'm going to be late!" I yelled, " Peter, the bus is here!" Uncle Ben called. Where the hell is my fricking glasses, goddamnit!

Your POV

I hop onto the bus to get to school and notice that Peter isn't on board, he must have missed it. I then notice people looking behind me, I turn around and see Peter trying to catch up to the bus. I didn't think he would catch up but then out of nowhere he gains speed and sprints so quickly, I have never seen anyone run this fast. The driver stops and he hops in.

 "Hey great to see that you're not dead," I exclaim. 

"Yeah, honestly me too," he responds. I notice that there is blood trickling down his nose.

"Your bleeding, what happened?"

"Shit. I had slipped before but I must have hit it harder than I thought."

He wipes it away and lays his head back. He looks extremely tired, he has dark eye bags and his voice sounds different. He closes his eyes and sleeps the whole way there, when we arrive I wake him up. We step out of the bus when I realize that he doesn't have his backpack, 

"Where is your bag, did you leave it on the bus?" I ask him. 

"No, don't worry........ I left it at home." 

"Oh, alright you left it at your place. You shouldn't be worried." 

 "So, did you get that bite checked?"

"Uh, don't worry about me." 

"But-,"

 "Oh look, those people are selling stationary, uh here take this and get me a pen and whatever else you want while I go see what we have for first."

 He hands me $4.80, I get him a pen and some gum and met with him at the lockers. I ask him why he didn't reply to my text and he just says that he didn't see it, I just don't know if he was lying. We have literature, and I was interested for once, I glance at peter and he signals for me to give him a sheet of paper. 

********

He decided to skip school after that then come back for sport in the last period. I ask him why, and he replied that he would get some rest and be back.

 "Oh and hey, you smell nice, like honey I think," he informs me.

"Aww, thanks Peter, but I think you gotta have a shower, I mean I wouldn't be telling you unless you smell real bad."

He laughs, "Yeah I know." He leaves as I drink water, when I look up, I see that he had dropped his phone, and the hall is crowded, so I go after him. It takes me a while to find the boys' locker room and when I do, I knock but he didn't answer. I am going to be late so I just walk in, it's not a big deal, It's not like I'm going to go inside the shower stalls.

"Hey, Peter?" I call.

"Y/N?"

"Uh, yeah you dropped your phone."

"Oh, thanks Y/N/N," he replies as he puts his shirt on. I look at his socks, two different colours, "Nice socks," I say and I leave.

Peter's POV

"Hey, where you going?" I ask her, grabbing my shoes.

"Class?"

"There is still like twenty minutes until it starts."

"Yeah... I'll just be there early and study or something-" she says and I cut her off, 

"Don't be a nerd, I have someplace more fun." 

We run to the back of the school where the open gate is, she looks confused but I grab her hand and we make our way out. "I swear if you get me in trouble," she states. 

"We are nearly there."

We arrive, "Where are we?" 

"It's an abandoned alley, my favourite place, I come here to escape reality."

 "Woah, it's so cool and quiet here, hey do you skate here?"

 "Yeah I practice here, and I love to make dangerous ramps that make me end up in the hospital. I even have this sick scar, check it out," I tell her while showing her my hip. 

"You're proud of it?" She chuckles.

"Hey, why did you move?" 

 "Well my dad is a cop and we tend to move sometimes because of his promotions and shit. It gets irritating though." 

"Well, I hope you don't move from here. So, is it just you and your dad?" 

 "Um, yeah my mom died when I was five." 

 "Oh, I'm sorry."

 "I got over it long ago... anyway, what do your parents work as?" 

"Who said I have parents?" I scoff, "I live with my aunt and uncle." 

"Oh my god I'm such a dork."

"Don't be, they have been gone for a while."

  "OK, we should head back," I say breaking the silence. We make our way back and she heads to her class but I just walk home to get some rest.