The Party

TW

Peter's POV

To be fair, I was starting to fall for Y/N and I thought she was catching feelings for me too. Even if she did, it is obviously all gone now. I decide to walk to school even though the sun is hardly up, school is about to become a whole lot more awkward.

In all the classes we share together, she sits next to Peter. I guess she had told him what had happened given the fact that he is ignoring me the whole day.

Friday

This kept going on for the whole week, she kept avoiding me and whenever I tried to talk to her, Peter would beat me to it. I am at my locker collecting my belongings when I walk up to her, "Hey, can we-" I start, when Gwen interrupts me and hands her a card. "Party tonight, everyone is going to be there and you would not want to miss it!" She notices me behind her and apologises, "Here, Parker."

This is ridiculous, having a party when school just started. I should probably go, people think I'm a loser already. I just wander off after that and head home to where Uncle Ben greets me at the front door, there is definitely something wrong.

"Peter, listen, we have told you plenty of times to get some sort of job, we are behind on rent and we cannot manage like we used to. We gave you a lot of chances and if you don't get a job this week, there will be consequences, understand?" He states, I nod my head and go to the kitchen when the electricity goes out.

"Great," Aunt May whispers.

"Honey, what do you want for dinner?" She asks me.

"Oh, you know what, I'm gonna be out. Yeah, with my...friends," I lie. Friends, what friends? I'm literally a loner, but I'm gonna go anyway. I change into clothes that at least don't make me look like a dirtbag, and I finish my homework so I can get it out of the way. It starts to get dark so I check the address on the invitation and it is just around the corner so I walk there.

There are a lot of people here and the house is huge, I bump into Gwen.

"Hey, Peter you made it! Did you bring anyone with you?" She asks.

"Uh no."

She grabs my arm and leads me into her little friend group, "We haven't spoken in a while, I miss you. Come you can hang with us for now," she suggests. I try and listen to what they are talking about, they are all shouting over each other, "Who do you think it is?" and "Is it real?" I realise they are talking about Spiderman, it must have been on the news. I am lost in my thoughts when she interrupts me, "Hey, are you alive?" I rub my eyes,

"Yeah, what? I'm listening," I mutter.

"You've heard of that person, right? The guy in the suit, that's all everyone ever talks about, you wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you? I mean nearly everyone knows that you were there that night, did you see him?" she explains and the others face me.

"Nope, I was at the bakery...didn't see a thing," I answer.

I go to grab a drink and sit on the couch alone, I look up and Y/N is sitting beside Peter

I go to grab a drink and sit on the couch alone, I look up and Y/N is sitting beside Peter. They are drinking a lot and they already look drunk, especially her. Peter grabs his buzzing phone from his pocket and answers it, he whispers, "Shit," and stands up.

"Sorry Y/N, it's urgent, sorry."

I then notice a guy that looks about two years older than me, sits next to her. She doesn't notice him until he places his hand on her shoulder and she takes it off. He moves closer to her and places his arm around her when she yells, "Get the hell off of me!"

She tries to push him off but he doesn't budge, so I make my way over and punch him in the face. He strikes back but I dodge it and I easily push him onto the ground. He slowly gets up and walks the other way, he looks too drunk to do anything.

Your POV

I can't see clearly when Peter asks me if I am alright, "Peter?" I ask him confused.

"No, it's Peter- the other one. That guy was bugging you but I told him to back off because you don't seem alright."

"I'm fine," I say, pushing past him nearly tripping. He gives me a worried look before I walk to the bathroom hoping it will be less noisy in there.

I slam the door and puke in the toilet, flushing it down and seeing my reflection in the mirror. I look absolutely disgusting, I wipe the sweat from my forehead and clean my smudged mascara. There is a knock at the door, "Hey girl, you alright?" Gwen calls out. I open the door, "Hey, do you wanna go and rest, the guest room is right there if you want," she tells me. I thank her and slump on the bed in the other room, I'm not tired though so I just lay here. That's when the door creaks open and the guy from before stumbles in.

"Do you need something?" I ask him. He closes the door and sits beside me, he is way too close to me and I get uncomfortable.

"How about we go to my place?" He asks.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing!" I shout standing up. I turn to leave when he grabs my arm and yanks me back, onto the bed. I land right on my broken arm and groan in pain, it hurts like hell and he grabs me by my top. I kick him over and over again but he slams me against the wall really hard. I feel blood start to drip from my nose when the door bursts open. It is Peter, he shoves the guy off of me and punches him in the face, it was that hard the guy goes unconscious.

"Are you hurt?" Peter asks while checking my face. I shake my head and go to hug him, "Thank you! I didn't know what he was going to do- he could have hurt me."

"Looks like he hit your head pretty good though, you're bleeding. Are you sure your arm is fine?"

I nod then feel my eyes tear once I look at him in the eyes, "I-I'm sorry Peter, sorry for yelling at you, that was stupid because people make mistakes." He wipes the blood from my face,

"It's alright, come on, let's get out of here."