Promises, promises

TW 

Peter's POV

After I grabbed my backpack and started walking home, I stop by the bakery to buy a bagel. My phone buzzes and I receive a text from Y/N, 

 10 minutes? 

                                                                                                                                                                                           Sure 

I guess I'm going back to meet up with her. I shuffle through my pockets for change, I knew I had about nine dollars in there somewhere. I really need to listen to my uncle and get a job and I will, but I'm just a bit distracted at the moment. I hand the cashier about three dollars in coins and he grins at me. He returns me back some change and hands me the bagel when I overhear screams coming from across the road, it seems to be coming from the bank. 

I speed over to see that it is being robbed, there is only two of them but they are armed with guns. I know that I could stop them, but remember Y/N, so I grabbed my phone to tell her to wait but it is dead...shit

There is no time to go and tell her, these people are in danger, so I run to behind the bakery and place my bag down. I make sure that there are no people before I take out my suit and mask along with my web-shooters. I climb up along the side of the bank and climb in through the window, everyone just stares at me and it feels awkward. 

Everyone freezes in confusion as they crouch down and the two robbers turn around to see what the silence was all about. I smirk at them and ask, "Hey, how are you guys?" I shoot out two webs at once and grab the guns right from their grasp, they run toward me but I leap up onto the ceiling as they both slam into the wall hard. They groan and I cringe at the sight, "You guys need to be careful where you run!"

 I then make sure they would stay there so I stick the first guy onto there with my webs. The other one makes a run for it and I decide to give him a head start just for fun. When he reaches his getaway car, I scare him and shoot him against the wall. 

"Who are you?" he demands.

"Me? I'm... Spiderguy? No, no, no, make that Spiderman!" 

He shrieks in fear and I find it hilarious, "Holy fuck!" He yells. I then hesitate when I hear Y/N's screams, something is wrong. I leave the guy for the police to deal with and swing to her as fast as I can. I find her getting assaulted by a group of men, all wearing black clothes and masks.  I rush over and fight some of them off but notice that she is still getting chased by two of them. They follow her to the top of the ramp until she reaches the end. 

"Get the fuck away from me! Stay back!" She shouts at him.

"Hey! Don't move I'm coming!"

 I sprint after them and knock one out while the other grabs her, when I turn over to shoot a web at him, Y/N slips off the ramp. "Y/N/N!" I shout, I freeze then I run toward her. But I don't make it, I hear her body thump onto the ground and hear her bones crack. I drop to the ground and see that she's unconscious, I think her arm is broken. I take off my mask and hold her in my arms, 

"Shit! I'm so sorry Y/N, this is all my fault. I'm such an idiot...how are you ever going to forgive me."  Hoping that it is only her arm that is broken and that she will be alright.

 I carry her across the city to the hospital and get out of there as fast as I can, I don't want to make a scene. I take her phone to call her dad since I know she will start to yell at me if she sees me once she wakes up. "Hey, Mr Stark... it's Peter, I was going to meet up with your daughter just before and, well she had an accident. I took her to the hospital and I think she broke something. I-I am gonna stay out of your way ok? Give her some time to recover, she doesn't need the extra pressure," I tell him and he thanks me as I hear his engine start over the phone.