Swear?

Uncle Ben used to knock on my door and wait for me to open it, unlike my Aunt May who knocks twice and just walks right in if it isn't locked. In a rush, I try and shove Y/N into my closet but she doesn't fit and it is too late, I hear a knock.  Those two damn knocks. The door opens and May says, "I bought you some that medicine that you asked for last night."

I immediately let go of Y/N and we stand there awkwardly. "Oh? Who might you be, young lady?" She asks. 

"I'm Y/N Star- just Y/N," she replies, then turns to me and whispers, "I really don't want to be a burden, I should go." She starts to put on her sneakers but I stop her, "No, stop," May insists, "You're welcome to stay here as long as you need, seeing that you need a place to crash." She looks over at her bag on the ground then at my clothes that she is wearing. Y/N thanks her while tying up her hair, then Aunt May beams at her, "I must say you are very beautiful." Y/N smiles at the compliment before May continues, "It would actually be great to have some company besides Petey in the house since he never has any friends over," she whispers the last part.

"May!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes while Y/N giggles and follows her to the living room. I head to the bathroom to wash my face and as I look at my reflection in the mirror, I think about yesterday. Could I have actually killed Nate? Then I remember why I chased after him in the first place. 

The money.

 I wonder if he went back for it, or if he is too afraid to go back. I should probably go back for the money like right now in case it is still there. I speed to my room and throw on my shoes, jacket, and my web-shooters. I then open the front door when May stops me, "Where are you going, Peter?" I look at her and Y/N standing in the kitchen and I kiss them both on the cheek. "I uh-got work," I lie.

"I thought you had your shift in the evenings," Y/N answers.

"I do... I just have to fill in for Gwen."

 I shut the door, "Love you guys!" I might miss the bus so I run to the bus station hoping I am on time. To my luck, there it is. I then find my seat in the same one as yesterday and get ready for a long ride. I take out my headphones only to realize that my phone is dead. Great. I am starting to really dread bus rides...

***********

Two hours later

Finally. I exit the bus and on my way to the abandoned building, I notice this whole street looks completely different. It seems much more unsettling at night and now, there are a few normal people walking past me.

My stomach rumbles, I really should have eaten something before I left, I am starving. Now that I think about it, I haven't eaten since last morning. I decide to ignore it and I continue to enter the building. The door is ajar just like when I entered it and the window that Nate had used to escape is still open. After what I did to him last night, I doubt he came back here. The wooden plank on the ground is still open so I reach in and take out a stash of one hundred dollar bills. I have never seen this much money before me so I gasp at the sight.

 I then freeze when I hear people right outside the building so I stash the money in all my pockets and crawl under the bed. Well, it doesn't really look like a bed anymore, it is covered in dust and bugs. I can't breathe under here and there are spiders surrounding me. My lungs can't take it anymore and I need to cough, but I don't.  Two men walk in, I can tell one is Nate because of his dirty white converse shoes. The other guy must work with him. Nate starts to explain what happened yesterday after the other guy yells out in anger. "He took everything! You couldn't have come earlier to take the cash?"