Escape

Harry's POV

I leave the basement in a rush, shoving the knife in my back pocket and putting the plate away before I get into serious trouble with Juan. He and the other men are sitting down and discussing what they plan on doing. I am the youngest here and I listen more than I talk. He turns to me and whispers, "You are spending too much time in that room, I don't want you speaking with her anymore." I nod before I hear her call my name, "Hey, Harry!"

Juan allows me to go so I rush to Y/N, "Is something wrong?" I ask her. "Is there a bathroom around here?" she asks me. I didn't think about that.  "Uh, yeah sure- of course. I'll walk you to the bathroom, but don't try and run because I am stronger and there is no way to escape without getting caught by the others," I explain. I let her go and grab her wrists while we walk up the stairs to the bathroom. She locks the door and I wander across the hall so I can get a better understanding of what the others are agreeing on. "Kill her," I hear one of them say. "I wasn't planning on letting her go that easily," Juan answers and I can't help but gasp. "I am going to kill her whether or not her boyfriend and father show up," he continues.

Shit.

They're going to kill her, I have to do something. I need to warn her.

She opens the door and looks behind me, before running to the left. Shit. I chase after her until she comes to a dead-end, the corner. I sigh with relief because she didn't run t eh direction of the other men. She tries to shove past me but I grab her and hold her in place, she shouts, "Get the hell off of me!"

"They are going to hear you, just stop." She bites my shoulder causing me to stumble back, and she swiftly reaches for my back pocket. She aims the knife at me and I take a step back. How did I forget about that?  Stupid Harry. "Don't come any closer!" She exclaims.

"Woah! Put it down Y/N, before you do something you are going to regret."

"They aren't going to let me go are they?" She stumbles back into the corner and waits for my response.

"No-"

"I knew it- I fucking-"

"Trust me Y/N, I am your friend here."

"Why on earth should I trust you?!"

"I want to help you. I promise I will but you have to be quiet. They are going to kill you but I- I won't let that happen. I might not be the best guy you've met, but I'm not a killer."

I reach for her hands and her grip on the knife is still firm and she is shaking. "How do we get out of here?" She asks and I remember that the only exit besides the front door, is from my bedroom. The backdoor is always kept locked for obvious reasons along with every window, but I have the key to open them. Someone calls out for me and I shout back, "Give me a fucking minute to deal with the girl!"

Y/N cringes and I shake my head before motioning for her to follow behind me. I unlock my bedroom door and she looks around as I try to find the right key in my pocket. It isn't your typical teen bedroom but I don't really spend much time in here anyway, it's small and I only come in here to sleep and have time to myself.

"Do you track down all these people?" Y/N asks me, pointing to the photos of people stuck on my wall.

"Something like that... these past few years I have been trying to figure out exactly what happened with my parents," I reply vaguely."

"So what happens when you find them? Do you kill them?"

"I... enough questions!" I give her a little nudge towards the window, "Get the hell out of my way," she snaps.

"Ladies first."

It is past midnight and she has no idea where she is, there are also no other houses near, so I let her run. I grab my torch and follow behind her slowly because I know she won't go that far alone. We are surrounded by trees and the only thing that I can see is the moon. It is windy and I can hear the sound of leaves rustling as we both move. Then the sound stops and I can only hear her panting, then she groans in frustration. I shake my head and find her leaning against a tree. "Hey! Get that thing out of my face," she says and I lower the torch.

"Right, sorry."

"Help me out of here, I don't know where the fuck we are but just take me anywhere else, now-right now, Harry!" She takes out the knife again and threatens me but I'm not afraid of her.

"I will, just calm down."

"Ok."

She follows me as I walk towards the only thing that can help us, a train. After a few minutes of silence, I speak, "Just so you know, I can easily take that knife from you, but I'm choosing to help you, Y/N."

"Why would you help me?" 

"I agreed to help keep you hostage so we can maybe get something out of it... but letting you get killed, was not something I signed up for."

We come to a stop once I see tracks on the ground, the train should pass by soon I think. I check my watch, it is 1:32. Trains usually pass by right before 2 am, so we just need to wait until we hear it then we will jump on.

"Why did you stop?" She asks walking past me. I put my arm in front of her and point to the ground, "We are waiting for the train."

"Train? Are you insane? How do you expect to get on a train this late, without any way on? It's not going to stop for us."

"Who said it needs to stop?" She shakes her head, "Nuh-uh, no way I'm going to try and jump on it."

"It's slow and I've done it many times before, it's always empty too, just trust me."

She suddenly looks up at me and opens her mouth to say something then doesn't. Instead, she sighs and walks back, sitting on the ground.
——
1:55
——
Y/N has passed out on the grass and My anxiety hasn't let me feel even a bit calm. I'm surprised no one has noticed we are gone yet. The ground is suddenly getting brighter and I look up to see the lights from the train getting closer. I rush up to wake up Y/N, so we don't miss it, "Shit! Y/N-"

"Huh?"

"Train, get up quick!"

She stands up and we stand in front of the tracks, as the train goes by, she waits for me to do something. I grab her hand and wait until I see an open wagon, and I jump.