The Accident

TW Death!

Peter's POV

We wander outside for a while and before I know it we are standing on sand. "Did we walk this far?" I laugh pointing to the sea. The sun had already set and it isn't very cold as the past few nights, today is warm. We sit on the sand when she asks, "Wait, how did you know where I was?" Oh shit, how am I supposed to tell her that I sensed she needed help? 

"Lucky guess!" I blurt out.

She grins and places her head on my shoulder, "About the fight, it was my fault but I had something urgent and I ran a little late," I say.

 "I forgive you," she whispers, "Though you are kind of a jerk," she giggles.

 I lay back while she shuffles and places her head on my chest, she points up, "That is the biggest star I've ever seen, does that seem normal to you!?" I gaze up and reply, "That's an aeroplane, you dork."

"Damn."

 I laugh at her before handing her one cord to my earphones, we listen to my playlist and she closes her eyes. She has never been this close to me before and I can hear her heart beating loudly, that's when I doze off.

I awake to the feeling of something wet on my face, it is raining. "Shit! We are soaking, get your ass up!" I exclaim. 

She looks to her phone and we stand up, "Holy- my dad's gonna kill me!"

 Our houses aren't that far from each other, fortunately, and we run to her house first. We hold my jacket on top of our heads while we sprint. She knocks on the door and waves to me, I wave back under the pouring rain and speed to my house.  I make it and see Uncle Ben talking on the phone and Aunt May asks me if I had fun. I mouth, 'yes'. He hangs up, "That was the school, now I'm hoping you got yourself employed?"

He raises his eyebrows, "Um actually, this week has been really hectic and I-" I start. 

"Don't give us excuses," Aunt May cuts me off, "This was the last straw, we shouldn't have let you go out. You are grounded." 

"I'm sorry I promise I will look tomorrow, you just have to trust me," my voice comes out soft and I try to keep a straight face He sighs, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell, I'm just frustrated. You know, not many people are interested in employing old people like us." 

I had just been so caught up all this time, thinking I could help other people, but I guess I can't get paid by doing that. "Yeah I know, you know what? I'm gonna go look for someplace to work," I shove past him and shut the door behind me, a little too hard. The glass door shatters.

 As I walk out, I'm starting to wonder if what happened to me is good or bad, I need to forget about it and help my family a bit

"Peter, come back it's too late," he calls, "Peter!" I ignore him and storm off, walking across the road to the nearest convenience store, I am starving and definitely wasn't about to go and eat at home. I walk down the aisle and grab a packet of chips when I hear the cashier scream. A person with a black mask bursts in with a gun. 

He takes all the money and as the worker tries to stop him, he aims the gun right at him.

 I duck down behind the racks when he runs out at the same time my uncle steps in. He came in so suddenly which startles the man, causing  him to pull the trigger right at him, "Fuck!" The person whispers then he flees the scene leaving Uncle Ben outside, stumbling aside the road and I rush after him. He collapses on the sidewalk as the cahsier calls the ambulance. The blood trails down the street quickly and I don't know what to do, "Shit, shit, shit!" I cry. I try stopping the blood, holding onto him sobbing, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Uncle Ben. This is all my fault!" 

"It's a-alright, just take care of your aunt for me, she needs you Peter."

"No! She needs you!"

 "You're a good kid an-and raising you..."

"W-what are you doing? Uncle Ben! Uncle Ben don't, please don't!

"Was the best thing that's happened to me, son," he lets out one last final breath. 

"Help is coming, just please don't die, don't die on me! I can't lose you too, I need you... I- I love you."