Mistakes Were Made

TW

I don't know how I feel about this chapter. Leave comments?

While Peter's breathing becomes louder, so does the sound of rain. He is now panting as he uses all of his strength to beat him up. He kicks Nate in his chest and he looks at Peter, knowing for sure that whatever mercy he had left is now gone. Nate tries to fight him off but Peter holds him down, punching him in the stomach. Nate stays on his back, even if he wanted to try and keep on fighting, he physically cannot. Instead, he gives up, not wanting to get himself even more hurt than he already is. He stops struggling with his body which is all bruised and his face is all covered in blood mixed with water and tears. "Stop... please," he begs, "You're Spider-Man right? The Spider-Man I know doesn't go around harming people."

"You deserve it," Peter replies.

"I know! I know, but if you want me to pay for what I did, then send me to prison. You can't just come after me like this, this is wrong."

"You should have thought about that before."

"So that's it? You're just going to kill me? Then go ahead, do it... I dare you. But it won't change anything-"

"Stop talking," Peter says, ignoring his words and knowing that he will not be satisfied until he is dead. Until he has gotten his revenge on his uncle's killer. 

"Whatever it is you're thinking if you are going to kill me... it won't help with anything. Trust me. It will make everything worse, and it won't bring him back," Nate states. Peter knows that with one more punch, he can possibly put an end to all of this. He lets his emotions control him and swiftly raises his hand and goes for a punch to his face, but it doesn't hit him. His hands are being held back so he opens his eyes to see a pair of hands on his, your hands. You groan as you try and stop him from doing anything he might regret. Using all of your strength to keep Peter back, trying not to slip backward. 

"Y/N..." he chokes out, "Y/N, move." You don't budge,

"Peter, look at me. Pete, please stop. You're not a murderer, you don't kill people you help them," you tell him. He tightens his grip on your knuckles and you notice that the tone of his voice becomes darker as he speaks, "Move before you get hurt, Y/N. I swear I'm not fucking playing, I don't want to have to force you."

"Remember how you made that decision of becoming Spider-Man, you decided to dedicate your life to saving people...I know you're not going to hurt me." He releases his grip and stumbles back as a sudden realization hits him and he becomes aware of what he is doing. He kneels down and looks down at his hands, covered in dark blood. "I'm sorry, I-" he stutters in front of Nate, but he is already on his feet and running away. Peter looks up at you as you speak, "Pete?" You ask over the loud thunder, "Are you alright?"

You notice his eyes widen as he looks at the ground and his hands start to shake uncontrollably. You get down on your knees in front of him, trying to get his attention but his only response is his gasps for air. Almost as if he is having an asthma attack, you watch him try to catch his breath but he can't. He is now sweating and trembling, feeling dizzy with a racing heart. He feels like he is going to lose his mind any second and he desperately wants to scream. Your voice is blocked out and your face is a blur to him so he closes his eyes.

"O-oh my god I just tried-" he whimpers to himself, "I just tried to kill someone!"

It then occurs to you, that he is having a panic attack and you start to worry. He had never freaked out like this in front of you before and you have never really been in a situation like this, so you don't know what to do. You think of ways to calm him by shaking his shoulders, grabbing his hand, and trying to get him to open his eyes. After not being any help, you swiftly grab his jaw and pull him in for a kiss. With one hand on his chest, you wait for his heartbeat to slow down before you pull away. You take a deep breath and he opens his eyes, staring at you as he catches his breath. 

"Yeah, that's it...breath with me ok?" You say.

You help him stand up and he moves the hair that's covering half of your face. You are both soaking wet and your hair is messed up along with your mascara which is now just a smudge on your face. "How did you- what are you doing here?" He finally manages to ask you, "I told you to go home, you were on the bus-"

"I got off," you answer.

He glances at you while you show a smile on your face, then he begins to cry. You figure he is just in shock at what he has just tried to do so you lift his face. "Hey, hey it's alright. He is alright, he is gone now," you assure him. "Yeah... thank you. Thank you Y/N/N," he sniffles, "I love you so much."

"Yeah I know, I love you too Pete. I don't know what you would do without me honestly," you smirk.

"The only reason you had my back, was because you didn't listen to me!"

"Well thank god, I ignored you then."

He chuckles then goes back to being concerned, "But seriously, you could have bumped into some crazy person on your way here."

"I don't care, I already ran into one on my first day here," you point at him and he scoffs then beams at you, "Hm, so you did."

You eventually feel water reach your ankles and remember that you are both standing in the middle of a soon-to-come storm. "Come on, we should probably get out of here before we catch hyperthermia," you explain. Peter remembers how he left his clothes and bag at the bus station, hoping no one had taken them. You both rush to the bus stop and fortunately find his belongings the way he left them. He removes his mask and puts his hoodie and pants over his suit right before the bus comes back. You grab his bag and he lets you walk in first and you find your seat next to the window. He hands the driver some cash and lets out a long sigh when he finally sits down, feeling tired and overwhelmed. He would have given you his hoodie to keep you warm, but he had no choice and had to cover his suit up. You open his bag to hopefully find any dry clothes but have no luck, when you look over at him he has his headpones in and looks like he is going to fall asleep. The ride back home is long and you know your dad is going to be worried about you. Especially since you forgot your phone at home and he is probably panicking. 

Peter has his head titled back aginst the seat so you shuffle to get into a comfortable position with your head against the window. As you stare outside, you see all the shady men that Pete warned you about, all wandering around. Until you notice someone's reflection on the window, so you look to the seat beside you and see an old lay staring at Pete. Not just her, but nearly the whole bus. "What in the world?" You think to yourself before realizing the state of your boyfriend, face and hands all red from the blood. He also has a purple eye and a scratch on his face, appearing as if he just got attacked by some wild dog. 

You find it difficult to ignore them when the bus comes to a harsh stop and the sound of a truck beeping, causes Peter to jerk awake. His headphones fall out and he opens his eyes, to see you biting your nails. He knows you are feeling anxious and asks, "Are they staring? Just ignore them and get used to it."

"How did you know?"

"I can sense like a hundred eyes looking right towards me, and trust me, it isn't a pleasant feeling."

"I can't wait to go home and change, ignoring the fact that my dad is going to kill me."

"Good luck with that... but at least you are actually taking a ride all the way to your house this time," he laughs and you roll your eyes.

I still have readers right?