The Call

Pete's POV

I am standing on the porch, waiting for her to look back at me, but she never does. So I decide to not chase after her, and to just stay put. Shutting the door and locking it, I sit down to clear my head and try to figure out what just happened. I never had any intention of yelling at her and I'm sure that my senses don't have anything to do with it. I know it is better for the both of us if she didn't know what I had actually heard yesterday. It might be even better if I stay away from her completely.

I blame myself for the situation we are in, to begin with, and she doesn't even know that she is in danger. I was acting secretive so I can keep her safe from Nate... wait a minute, shit! I have no idea where she is going, I put on my sneakers and run out of the house, hoping that she hasn't been spotted yet. 

Considering that she might be heading to Gwen's house, I choose to head that way. Luckily I have my web-shooters so I use that to my advantage and swing there. But I stop swinging so fast when I spot  Gwen below me, walking across the street. So I instantly stop swinging, causing me to slam into the building right behind her. She turns around as I stand up again groaning, 

"Aaah-ahe-hey Gwen!"

"Hey, Pete. How did you-"

"No time to explain, did Y/N ask you if she could go to your place? Or do you know where she is right now?"

"I have no idea, why?"

"There's no time to explain, but I need you to call her and to follow me."

 I know that Y/N would definitely not pick up if I called her, so I tell Gwen to do it and she takes out her phone. After hurrying after me, we arrive at Gwen's house but there's no sign of her and the door is locked with no sign of anyone inside. "She didn't answer?" I ask Gwen and she shakes her head, shrugging. "Shit!" I exclaim before making my way to Peter's apartment which is around the block. She catches up to me, trying to catch her breath, and asks, 

"You care to explain what's going on?"

I finally stop and I look her in the eyes, "Listen, Y/N might be in a lot of trouble if we don't figure out where she is right now, so I need you to call MJ and Ned and whoever else you know. Can you do that for me?"

"Ye-yeah sure, I'm right behind you," she assures me, waiting at the bottom of the stairs as I make it to the top. Luckily, Peter had told me last week that he lives in apartment number twenty-six.  I knock and he barely opens the door when I ask if Y/N is in there. "Woah," he answers and scoffs, "I'm great thanks for asking, how are you?"

"I'm not that great actually!"I quickly reply to his sarcastic tone, "I need to get ahold of Y/N/N." I let myself in and Gwen follows right in after me. I face her, hoping that she knows where Y/N is but she replies, "I called both... nothing." Despite seeing his aunt in the lounge room, we then wander into his room while Peter tries to figure out what is going on and I stand up, "Peter, call Y/N."

"What?"

"Call her right now!"

"Ok!" He answers, rolling his eyes and pulling his phone from his back pocket. He rings her but she doesn't respond, "Sorry guys."

"I'm sure she's fine, we'll find her," Gwen states.

"Wait... Stark's missing?" Peter asks pacing around, "How-why, did she like run away or something?"

"I still have no idea, Pete please tell us what happened," Gwen says.

"Well basically, I had a fight with this guy and now his friends are after me. They planned on finding Y/N and me but I never told her, so we ended up fighting because I was being too secretive. I had to make sure she wouldn't leave my house on her own in case she runs into one of them. But now it's too late, she would have answered the phone-" 

I am cut off by the noise of a ringing, Peter holds up his phone, "It's Y/N."

 When he answers, he puts her on speaker, but he doesn't say a word. I can hear her heavy breaths on the other line before she whispers, "P-Peter?"