Help

Pete's POV

It is already sundown, and we have been searching for hours. It is still raining but that hasn't stopped us, and I am still holding onto my skateboard. We had found the place Y/n was when she called us, but her phone wasn't there. We figure she was just about to enter the woods since she was near the petrol station and it's the only area with no people.  I need to let her father know at least, but I know that things haven't been great between them. It's probably best if we handle this on our own since she might not want us to tell him.

 "We're never going to find her. Let's get her dad or call the cops already Pete," Peter says. 

"It's not as bad as it looks, really. We can't expect those guys to let us find them, we can't. They have to find us," I answer.

"What are you talking about? Y/N could be anywhere and she is counting on us to find her, are you just going to keep her waiting? She must be scared out of her mind!"

"I know! You think I'm not worried about her? Everything I ever do, I do to make sure she's safe and I hate myself for letting this happen to her. I blame myself."

I sit down on the curb and so does he as we stare in front of us for a few seconds before he speaks again, "What's the plan?"

I sigh, "Those guys are going to hold onto Y/N until they find me. They know I'm Spider-Man and they are obviously going to be out looking for me. So I'll let them find me, and take me. But I think we need to go to Mr Stark first."

"I've never spoken to him before, how are we meant to get his attention? You've seen how busy and famous he is, we won't be able to get into the Avengers tower. The address for his house is still unknown right?"

"Right... but not for me. Since Y/N lives there too, I've followed her there multiple times."

"That's great! Should we go see if he's home right now?"

"Yeah. I hope he lets us in though. He's not my biggest fan..."

"Y/N's dad doesn't like you?"

"He hates me."

"Oh. Wait, does he know about you? About who we are?"

I shake my head and wonder if we have no choice but to tell him. "I mean, should he know? He is the one who creates and designs all those cool gadgets, and made the Avengers who they are today."

"He is the only one who can help us and if we're lucky... we could possibly become one of them."

"Calm down, don't get ahead of yourself. That's not what we should be discussing at a time like this Peter."

"Alright, alright. Let's go, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. He probably doesn't hate you as much as you think and of course he will want to talk to you."

************

"I don't want to talk to you," Y/N's dad shuts the door in my face. I face Peter and give him the 'I told you so' look before I try again. I knock on the door, "Please Mr Stark. We need you and I don't know where else to go for help."

"Parker, you made Y/N hate me. Now you come to my house and ask for my help? How did you even find me?"

"I'm sorry that I have been such a burden In your life, and I wish you would think of me as a better person. But we need you to open the door."

"Let me guess," he replies behind the door, "you need money?"

"No."

"Then what can you possibly want from me-"

"It's your daughter!" I finally blurt out and then the door swings open, he glances at the both of us.

"What's up with my daughter?"

"She's in danger," Peter tells him.

"Dan-danger, what do you mean? Where is she?" He asks, motioning for us to step inside and I waste no time explaining.

"She's missing. She was on the phone with us right before she was abducted by a group- or a gang, I'm not sure. But I do know one of them, his name is Nate and he is probably a few years older than me."

He hands me a notebook and a pen, "Here, write down everything you know about him. No detail is too small."

"Yeah, oh-ok."

I grab the pen and begin to recall every detail about this guy and immediately feel a sense of deja vu. Mr Stark begins to speak to Peter and they slowly head into the other room. I can still hear him and he seems to be so prepared and calm. 

"So, are you Ned?" He asks him.

"No, sir. I'm Peter Wheeler."

"Peter?! Great. There are two of you now," he sighs.

"Excuse me?"

He doesn't reply for a few seconds, "Answer my questions very clearly, alright? Who's phone did she call?"

"Mine."

"How long ago?"

"In the morning... uh a few hours ago."

"Tell me anything and everything you remember from that call."

"Ok uh, she said that she was trying to take a shortcut to get back home-here. Then she was trying to hide from some people but they found her. We heard some fighting and it was only for a few minutes before she screamed and the line disconnected. They must have broken the phone or the battery must have run out like she mentioned earlier. But we already checked, and the phone is gone."

"Ok. Thank you."

They walk back into this room back in and sit down on the couch.

"Yeah, and we came here because we thought you could help us by placing a tracker on Pete."

"Does he know where she is?"

"Well, not exactly. But he knows that they are coming for him too."

"Why him? Has he got something to do with this?"

Peter glances at me, not responding to him. I mouth, 'no' and shake my head, hoping he doesn't say anything stupid or give in. The last thing I need is Mr Stark finding out that I'm Spiderman and I'm responsible. It will only complicate things and he will keep me away from her forever. Peter tells him, "No. They are only after him because he was seen with her."

I sigh with relief at his lie and I hand the notebook back, "Exactly, Nate knows about me."

"Thanks, Parker. But remind me again, how do you know this Nate guy?"

"He killed my uncle... At the grocery store, though it was an accident and he fled the scene. I recognized his voice over the phone."

He furrows his eyebrows and mumbles to himself, "Wait... Ben Parker? You're his nephew, I'm so sorry kid."

"You knew him?"

He chuckles, "He taught me back in high school."

I smile at him, "Well, our only concern should be getting him in prison then. After getting your daughter back."