The New Guy

The next day

Your POV

Finally, it's Friday, this has felt like the longest week ever. "Smile!" Peter shouts as I turn around. I smile at his camera and walk up to him, "Hey?"

"Oh, for the yearbook."

 "Oh really?" He gives me a thumbs up and I roll my eyes before we make our way to class, I sit and notice someone sitting right beside me, no one has ever sat there before. I am guessing that he is new. "Can I have a pen?" He questions me.

"Yeah, and you are?" I ask. 

"Peter," he responds. 

I turn my head, "Peter? Oh my god, you moved too

I turn my head, "Peter? Oh my god, you moved too... I missed you!" I exclaim, handing him a pen. 

Peter's POV

 Peter? They look like they are friends. "Hey," he greets me. 

"Yeah..." I reply, getting back to work. They start talking through the whole period and she hasn't paid attention to me once, I mean I hope she doesn't ditch me, I really like her. She is the only friend I've had in a long time and she doesn't judge me... he has got to go. I keep getting distracted by whispers and giggles beside me, from them. I hope this doesn't become a normal thing from now on, I mean it seems as though she is ignoring me and I don't like it. Does this tick me off? Yeah, kinda. Why? I mean I guess... I don't know, we are just friends aren't we? 

I get my previous pop quizzes from 2 days ago and see that they have 100% on all of them! That's crazy I was failing them about a week ago, I guess it's not only my physical changes getting better but also my mind. The bell rings and we head outside since Y/N and I have a free period. I decide to take out my camera and snap Y/N/N again, just because she looks extra pretty today. She gets embarrassed and tells me to stop after a few of shots. 

"Simp," she says.

 "ME?" I laugh while she runs away. I chase after her and she surrenders after catching her breath.

"Ok, ok," she chuckles, "dipshit". My stomach grumbles and I turn to make my way to the cafeteria as she sarcastically waves to me. That's when I flip her off, her jaw drops and she runs after me. We stop once we reach the cafeteria and grab food before finding a table to sit at. Y/N spots her other friends, Gwen and Michelle Jones and so we sit with them. I eat my lunch as I notice Y/N who keeps on turning her head and eyeing something, someone, Peter. Both of them seem to like each other, judging by how she looks at him and he looks at her. The way you look at someone you, 'like, like'.

Your POV

When I look over at Peter during lunch, I notice he is already staring at me, quite strange. There was something about him that had changed, he looks more attractive now. We had been best friends for six years and I never thought of him as more than a friend.

"Y/N/N?" I hear someone speak, but I am just lost in my thoughts. "Earth to Y/N!" Peter calls while I snap out of it, "S-sorry Peter," I tell him, "You were saying?" 

"Forget it," He replies getting up to empty his tray.

After school

Peter and I make our way to the alley as we had planned. "So, have you ever stepped on one of these?" He questions me. "I haven't skated since... well since my mom died, so I'm a little rusty I guess," I admit. He climbs up a ladder and stands at the peak of a ramp and yells, "Great, I can teach you how to do this then." He skates down really fast and hands me the board. "Show me what you can do," He tells me. I stand on the board and showed him an ollie, "Not bad Y/N/N, he beams.

 He helps me up the ramp though I don't need it since he helped me overcome my fear of heights. We try multiple times to go down smoothly and he was helping me by holding my hand in the process. I could do it with his grip though I want to try standing up on my own, so I do. Then, after a ton of falls and scrapes on my knees, I let go of his hand and speed down without assistance. "I did it!" I holler. 

"Finally!" He remarks as we go to sit down. I can barely stand anymore, my legs are exhausted. "Here, I have a bandaid in here," he says, "Yeah, I am always prepared."  I giggle, "Thanks for dealing with me for, wait what time is it?" I ask, checking my watch. "Shit! I'm late," I stand up.  

Peter's POV

"Yeah, I'm late too," I mention. I walk her home then I make my way home.  "Hey Peter, can we talk?" I am asked by my Uncle. "Yeah, what's the matter? I ask, sitting down. 

"I got a call from your high school and they told me you had broken the basketball ring-rink- board, I don't know, but what I do know is that we need to pay for it... and it is certainly not cheap." 

"Look, I'm sorry I could help pay for it."

 "You bet your ass you will, we need you to get a job, you see, we're getting really old and things are really tight at the moment so we could use the extra support."

 "Ok, I would love to help."

"Ok, thanks Petey so you think you could look for a job starting tomorrow? My Aunt asks.

 "Yeah, I'll manage... I'm gonna go for a walk OK?" I wave, walking out the front door and chuck my headphones on. "Love you," She tells me and I say it back. I choose to stop at Y/N's house, so I find it, climb up to her window from the back until I realize I'm not holding on to anything, I am sticking onto the wall...that's cool. I knock on her window and she jumps, frightened, 

"What are you doing here?" She asks confused.

 "Just wanted to say hi," I sit on her bed. Her room is so, perfect, unlike mine.

 "Hey, did you understand the geography homework we were assigned, I am completely lost," she asks.

 "Yeah, I'll help, so for question two, it is this area but you need to explain why. My take is because it is the country with the lowest population." I explain while she stares at the paper. "Ohhhh, ok I misread the question, I guess," she scratches her head. 

"So, do you understand the-" I try to ask but she cuts me off?

Vote if you liked, and love you all.