10| Crème Brûlée

* Overdose, Sibling Death

Aleksandr

I'm ecstatic to be in the presence of the angel before me. I didn't even want to talk to any of these boring business associates surrounding me. They swarm around me like bees to honey. Their hidden motives alarmingly clear. Every bone in my body hated socialising. My reasoning was that no one was genuine. The fact that they were also such bores played a role in it too.

But the boy before me is the exact opposite of both my statements.

For me, it's simply interesting enough to stare at Angelo as he talks. The way he flicks his gorgeous hair about. How his curious blue eyes analyse the room. Most of all how his luscious lips move. They're dancing in a beautiful rhythm. Breathtaking dancers hypnotising me.

I'm in a trance and didn't want to wake up.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. That idiot Adrian started to press my angel for answers. He's probably jealous that I'm besotted with Angelo. And rightfully so, he's absolutely magnificent.

I lived by the phrase 'Live life with no regrets'

But if there's one thing I regret badly, it's hooking up with Adrian. It was three years ago but he still tries to scare off anyone I've hooked up with. The methods he uses range from blackmail and threats. His obsession with me is absolutely frightening. Just last week I had to relocate a woman called Cilia to Mexico because he threatened to run her over.

Why don't you scare him Aleksandr? You're a fucking Mafia boss. Believe me, that thought crosses my mind several times a day. His father happens to run one of the biggest brands in the city, whilst his mother is mayor. They're affluential people who can influence the police and courts.

I wasn't afraid of them by any means. I could destroy them with a flick of my wrist. The only dilemma is that I hated drama. They have minuscule potential to fight me and I'm too lazy to deal with it. My life is too hectic as it is. Nevertheless, I have already devised a plan to get rid of the pest. If Adrian steps out of line one more time, I would take action.

When he pressed Angelo, it pissed me off. My angel morphed into a terrified version of himself. His blue eyes were quivering frantically. His gorgeous faced paled, you could almost compare him to a ghost. I felt a deep urge to protect.

I wanted him to smile like he had been almost all night, minus the occasional glare at me. It was his special night so I ordered Adrian away. Of course, he listened straight away. He's obsessed but still frightened about what I think of him.

At this very moment, I'm glancing at Angelo. An almost extinct smile fights its way to the surface. It's too easy to resurrect my dying smile when he's present.

I find myself staring at his succulent lips. Perfection at its finest. All I wanted to do was kiss, nimble and suck on them.

I ask him to tell me about himself. I actually really want to know more about him. Like a desperate craving or if I'm hooked on a drug. Most of the things he's telling me I already knew, but I don't care. Each word that tumbles out of his mouth lights a firework inside of me.

"I live by myself," he adds.
"mmm, carry on," I press in a daze, totally under his spell.

"Why are you staring at my lips?" He questions completely unaware of the beauty he possesses.

"They're beautiful like the rest of you," I proclaim boldly. Not a lie in sight.

Angelo processes the words, realisation hitting him like a plane falling out of the sky. My compliment clearly has a huge effect on him. His face lights up in a dazzling rouge colour, causing my heart to beat uncontrollably. But the next word that stumbles out of his mouth sets my whole body on fire.