33| Carry Me

Angelo

Why is he mad? I'm mad, fuck him

I can't stop my myself. My emotions have always controlled my actions like a puppet on a piece of string. Right now, my anger is triumphant and forces me to the dance floor.

The different coloured lights flash, clash with each-other as they hit objects. If Alek didn't own this place, I'd say it's pretty amazing. It transports me back in time to when I would sneak out and go dancing with my friends. That was my happy place until it wasn't.

The night seems to drag on but I'm simply lost in the music and alcohol.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Mika and Alexi dancing together. They're having the time of their lives, the biggest smiles I've ever seen grace both faces. Mika is a far cry from the boy that turned up at my apartment all beaten and bruised. I wish I could join them but wouldn't want to damper their mood with my negativity. My night is already ruined because of Aleksander.

He continues watching me, more like analysing every inch of me. It makes me feel exposed, turned on even though he hates me and nothing could come of it. I know it shouldn't but his fixated gaze makes me feel worthy.

But it all comes crashing down when I notice that he has company. My head was too far in the clouds that I didn't notice a man next to him. He's practically sitting on Aleksander's lap, it irks me more than it should.

He's too fucking close

I want to rip him away, I'm practically restraining myself from going over and dragging them apart. I want to demand he stays far away from Aleksander.

I didn't have a right to do that, there's nothing I can do to change the ugly sight in front of me.

We were never together

It actually hurts. I turn my head away from them both, I've seen enough to last a fucking lifetime.

I might actually be crazy but I can't help it. I'm going to pay him back twice as hard. Not very mature of me but I'm so past that. I look through the entirety of the room, spotting the stranger that bumped into Mika earlier. He's surrounded by a large group and they look like they're having the time of their lives.

One of them winks at me, forcing me to quickly look away. I've been staring at them for far too long and now he probably thinks I'm crazy. To my surprise he walks over to me.

He's somewhat handsome, not anywhere near Aleksander's level but he'll do. Blond, tall and dark green eyes. His eyes are the wrong shade of green, the demon that should not be named has perfect ones.

"Hello beautiful," he greets me with a wide smile.

I can't help but keep my eyes partially on the man before me and partially on Aleksander. He's watching me, studying my actions. Analysing everything, down to my lips moving as my words leave my mouth.

I decide to play with the cards dealt to me, so I greet him.

"Hi."

"You caught my attention. I couldn't not take the chance." His strong accent comes through as he moves closer to me. "I'm Benni."

Cute

"I'm flattered."

"Want to dance?"

I nod, confidence possesses me as I take hold of his hand. My only intention is to lead him onto the dance floor. It's absolutely packed in here so it's no surprise when there's only inches between us. It catches me off guard when someone pushes me into him, the man before me makes no move to create space between us.